What's new

Can I get a confirmation of SMS delivery?

silkhandkerchief

Reaction score
I was a Nokia man before moving to an Iphone 4. One Nokia feature which I found invaluable was that you were notified when a text message actually arrived on the other person's phone; not just 'sent' but 'delivered'. Is there any way of doing this on an Iphone 4?

Nope, but there are several messaging apps on the app store that do..but none are true SMS. If your jailbroken I think bitesms does.

dowsleyjr said:
Yes this feature is available on the iphone 4s.

You're kidding?! My crappy old Nokia did this, there's NO way I can tell my expensive iPhone 4 if my messages are delivered?
I'm using Viber for free texts, so don't want to use an app that means I can't use Viber.
And the only Aussie network these apps mention is Three - I'm with Vodafone.
Apple - I'm highly unimpressed!

You're kidding?! My crappy old Nokia did this, there's NO way I can tell my expensive iPhone 4 if my messages are delivered?
I'm using Viber for free texts, so don't want to use an app that means I can't use Viber.
And the only Aussie network these apps mention is Three - I'm with Vodafone.
Apple - I'm highly unimpressed!

The way it works with my iPhone 5 is if a message doesn't go through there is a message right under you message a message saying it failed. Now if you are talking about a read message, I haven't seen that on a smart phone since I had a Blackberry Storm about 4 years ago.

So if you don't get a message saying it failed, it's safe to say your message went through. As to whether it was read or not, that's not something that an Android or iPhone will do.

If they have this turned on you can
Me, I have it turned off cos I sometimes don't want the caller to know I read their spam
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350868537.291476.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Excellent and a great idea. I didn't realize that setting was there, I will set mine up like that if it already isn't.

hookbill said:
Excellent and a great idea. I didn't realize that setting was there, I will set mine up like that if it already isn't.
That setting only works when both users are using an iDevice w/ iMessage.

dbplumb said:
Yes. That is why I said " if they have this turned on"

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Absolutely... just wanted to clear up any confusion that might lead users to believe this woks cross-platform.

i used to like that feature on my android phone,it was a network feature with 3 mobile,as soon as a text was delivered i got a text informing me,they started to charge for the service after a while,theres nothing on iPhone 4s or 5 to enable it though.