What's new

Can Charge 4S using Male Headphone Jack to Male USB Plug?

KenithO

Reaction score
Recently inherited a 4S that has not been used for a while. Somehow the original battery charger was lost/misplaced and all my iPhones have the newer Lightning connectors.

Do have an Apple Male Headphone Jack (4 connectors) to Male USB (4 connectors) adapter that hope to use to charge this phone.

Searched the forum key words Can Charge iPhone 4S using Male Headphone Jack to Male USB Plug.
Got "No results found"

Thought would ask before trying.

Thanks

You can't charge an iPhone through the headphone jack. The iPhone 4S is charged using a cord with a 30 pin dock connector on one end and a USB connector on the other. The USB connector is connected to a charger which is plugged into a wall socket or you can connect the cord to a USB port on your computer. If your computer had iTunes, you can sync content from iTunes to your iPhone. What is the best way to charge iPhone 4s battery? | Official Apple Support Communities

Purchase a 30 pin cable (I'm sure they are super inexpensive except from Apple) or purchase a lightning to 30 pin adapter and you will be good to go

scifan57 and zstairlessone,

Thanks for your comments!

Since posting went through my old cables and found a usable 30 pin one and charged the 4S to ~50% capacity and let stand.