What's new

Camera Roll Images not showing.. any ideas?

Alex_R

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new here. Came across this forum while looking into a solution online that I couldn't get an answer too.

I have jail broken my new iPod touch with 5.1.1 OS, and I have added OpenSSH and changed my default password. The following is the what I'm looking to do, and I'm not sure if any of you have covered this, but it would be greatly appreciated if someone can help me out here.

I have found my default folder for the camera roll.. which is /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM

I've added some extra wallpapers into this section, and deleted some of the images I no longer wanted. I then re-sprung the iPod only to find the images I've added are no where to be found, and the images I've deleted are still there, but in a lower quality from what it seems.

So, this makes me wonder why it did not work. I also looked for the default Wallpaper folder for where apples wallpapers are stored, and could not find it. Same goes for the few photo folders I've added via Settings>Photos.

The folders are named Lock Screen Wallpaper & Home Screen Wallpaper, respectfully done for keeping things neat and tidy. So now I'm wondering if I'm missing something, and so decided to join this forum and ask some of you experts on here.

Thanks in advance,

-Alex

The DCIM folder doesn't work like a typical folder. The only way to get photos into your camera roll is to take them with your camera, sync them in iTunes, or save them to your camera roll from the phone, you can't just simply drag/drop them to the folder. Same reason why deleting the photos didn't work.

What I do is upload the images to a website(like imageshack) and then access the URL on my phone and use the save feature.

The default wallpaper folder should be under /library/wallpaper. I use iFunbox to transfer my images to and from the camera roll and wallpaper folder.

The default wallpaper folder should be under /library/wallpaper. I use iFunbox to transfer my images to and from the camera roll and wallpaper folder.

Thank you for clearing that up Jmills87, I did not know that. And waldoe, I will look into iFunbox, it sounds like it can perform what I need to do, anyways thanks guys.