What's new

Calls should only vibrate, rest of the notifications can ring

Abe171

Reaction score
I just switched from android to iOS :) and I'm getting a little confused with the settings

What i need is

Incoming calls : phone should vibrate+screen should light up
All other notifications such as Facebook, mails, calendar, whatsapp etc : phone should vibrate + screen should light up+ ringtone

Please let me know if this is possible and how, thanks.

if your coming from android then you will find there are many restrictions on ios. the ios operating system is very
limited and sometimes refered to as the "my way or the highway" operating system. it's been atleast 4mo since i have
even touched my iphone. but if i remember correctly what you want to do can't be done.

There is a way to do it, just not really convenient. You'd have to make/find a no sound ringtone file, and set the phone ringer to that. Then when the phone rings, it'll pull a sound file with no sound giving you what you're after.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ahh i did not know that. thanks for this info, can i select which contacts get the ringtone and which do not?

Yes, under the contact edit you can choose a custom ringtone.

There is a way to do it, just not really convenient. You'd have to make/find a no sound ringtone file, and set the phone ringer to that. Then when the phone rings, it'll pull a sound file with no sound giving you what you're after.

Nice idea. Will give this a try