What's new

Ring & Flash, not Ring & Vibrate

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I am using the latest OS. My phone was set to ring and flash (to catch my eye whilst I was making too much noise to hear it), but now it is ringing and vibrating if a call comes in. How do I change this back to ring and flash instead of ring and vibrate?

Thank you!

Enable the flash by going to Settings - General - Accessibility - LED Flash for Alerts, and turn it on.
To turn off vibration for phone calls, go to Settings - Sounds& Haptics - Sounds and Vibration Patterns - Ringtone - Vibration, and select “None”.

Found the Flash option. Turned on LED Flash for Alerts. What does Flash on Silent, mean??

That means that you’ll receive a flash alert when the iPhone is muted.

Oh. What about during the night? I keep the phone on "do not disturb" once I go to bed. Does this mean it will still flash now?

When you go to “Flash on Silent”, you’ll see that there’s a short explanation: Use LED Flash for Alerts when the ring switch is set to silent.
The ring switch is the Mute button on your iPhone.

So if Do Not Disturb is enabled, it shouldn’t flash.

Thank you, J.A. I indeed read that, but it was not clear to me that was what it meant. I put my mobile on Do Not Disturb last night before turning in (as always), and I had no problems. Whoever wrote that explanation for Flash on Silent had about as much flair for good communication as did my college professor for Quantitative Methods! :D