What's new

No vibrations..maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1qwk96gt

Reaction score
Just recently my iphone 4s will no longer vibrate on silent. When I toggle the switch the phone vibrates. I went into settings/sound/ and both vibrate on silent and vibrate on ring are turned on. But when I recieve a call and the phone is on silent no vibrate. I downloaded ibrate and when i push the center screen it vibrates in pulses. and on the screen it says put down all three fingers to vibrate all the time in which I do and no vibration at all with three fingers. Does the iphone 4s have more than one vibrating motor?
Thanks everyone.

Just recently my iphone 4s will no longer vibrate on silent. When I toggle the switch the phone vibrates. I went into settings/sound/ and both vibrate on silent and vibrate on ring are turned on. But when I recieve a call and the phone is on silent no vibrate. I downloaded ibrate and when i push the center screen it vibrates in pulses. and on the screen it says put down all three fingers to vibrate all the time in which I do and no vibration at all with three fingers. Does the iphone 4s have more than one vibrating motor?
Thanks everyone.

There is only one vibrator motor on the iPhone 4s. It may be defective in some way. Have you thought of having it checked out at an Apple Store? If you do take it in, back it up first. That way, if it is exchanged, you can set up the replacement from the backup you made.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

will they go crazy if the phone is jailbroken? Yea whats the bestway to backup a jailbroken phone? through Itunes?

thanks,

nevermind fixed it. went in the settings and clicked the reset all settings thinking it would restore the phone and I was willing to loose it all. It didnt wipe anything out and the vibrate works. Its kind of confusing cause I did a hard reset two or three times to no avail, but either way that fixed it. Thanks

nevermind fixed it. went in the settings and clicked the reset all settings thinking it would restore the phone and I was willing to loose it all. It didnt wipe anything out and the vibrate works. Its kind of confusing cause I did a hard reset two or three times to no avail, but either way that fixed it. Thanks

I'm glad you worked it out. Thanks for telling us.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

as the problem is solved i will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.