What's new

BusMate London - The ONLY app in that sends live reminders when your bus is coming

NicheSolutions

Reaction score
*** The ONLY app in the App Store that sends live reminders to tell you when it's time to go to the bus stop! ***

Do you wish you could check when your bus is actually going to turn up at the bus stop?

Do you hate standing out in the cold and rain, waiting for that elusive bus to appear?

Is there any worse feeling than rushing out to the bus stop only to find that your bus has just gone past, and you have to wait 20 minutes for the next one?

Wouldn't you rather be sitting comfortable and warm in your house? Or sitting in the pub taking your time over finishing your beer?

Then BusMate is for you!

BusMate provides LIVE GPS-based (not timetabled) bus arrival times. Just like those Countdown displays that can be found at a handful of stops around London. Except it's in your pocket on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, and it covers every one of London's 20,000+ bus stops!

But wait! BusMate goes one step further - you don't even need to check when the bus is due! Simply set a reminder, carry on about your business, and BusMate will notify you when you need to leave for the bus stop!

- set one-off/daily/weekday/weekly reminders and receive a notification when your chosen bus is a specified time away from arriving at the bus stop
- see bus stops near you, in a list and on a map
- choose your favourite stops for quick access
- search for any of London's 20,000+ bus stops by name
- view the entire route for any of London's 700+ bus services
- detailed bus stop information, including direction and letter
- travel news alerts for bus stops that are closed due to diversion, etc.

So if you want to be the envy of bus passengers all over London, download BusMate now, and never wait at a bus stop again!

IMPORTANT NOTICE
Data is provided by TfL. The TfL Countdown service is currently in beta, and may be subject to outages or amendment.

Use of BusMate requires an internet connection. Reminders are delivered by Apple Push Notification. Apple do not guarantee delivery of Push Notifications.

Check it out now in the App Store - only 69p! App Store - BusMate London

*** The ONLY app in the App Store that sends live reminders to tell you when it's time to go to the bus stop! ***

Do you wish you could check when your bus is actually going to turn up at the bus stop?

Do you hate standing out in the cold and rain, waiting for that elusive bus to appear?

Is there any worse feeling than rushing out to the bus stop only to find that your bus has just gone past, and you have to wait 20 minutes for the next one?

Wouldn't you rather be sitting comfortable and warm in your house? Or sitting in the pub taking your time over finishing your beer?

Then BusMate is for you!

BusMate provides LIVE GPS-based (not timetabled) bus arrival times. Just like those Countdown displays that can be found at a handful of stops around London. Except it's in your pocket on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, and it covers every one of London's 20,000+ bus stops!

But wait! BusMate goes one step further - you don't even need to check when the bus is due! Simply set a reminder, carry on about your business, and BusMate will notify you when you need to leave for the bus stop!

- set one-off/daily/weekday/weekly reminders and receive a notification when your chosen bus is a specified time away from arriving at the bus stop
- see bus stops near you, in a list and on a map
- choose your favourite stops for quick access
- search for any of London's 20,000+ bus stops by name
- view the entire route for any of London's 700+ bus services
- detailed bus stop information, including direction and letter
- travel news alerts for bus stops that are closed due to diversion, etc.

So if you want to be the envy of bus passengers all over London, download BusMate now, and never wait at a bus stop again!

IMPORTANT NOTICE
Data is provided by TfL. The TfL Countdown service is currently in beta, and may be subject to outages or amendment.

Use of BusMate requires an internet connection. Reminders are delivered by Apple Push Notification. Apple do not guarantee delivery of Push Notifications.

Check it out now in the App Store - only 69p! App Store - BusMate London

All well and good if you live in London......but I don't. I live 330 miles away in manchester.

iHolophyte

All well and good if you live in London......but I don't. I live 330 miles away in manchester.

iHolophyte

Hi iHolophyte,

You could always move :) But on a more serious note, if data is made available for other areas, then I will definitely be interested in producing apps to cover those. So fingers crossed Manchester sorts that out!

The Next bus London also now gives live reminders that bus is due

Last edited:
Hi iHolophyte,

You could always move :) But on a more serious note, if data is made available for other areas, then I will definitely be interested in producing apps to cover those. So fingers crossed Manchester sorts that out!

Ha ha move to london? Why would anyone want to move to that s*** hole! (Laughs out loud) On a more serious note also. Bus apps for manchester would be great 😄

iHolophyte

The Next bus London also now gives live reminders that bus is due

Thanks for the feedback, but I'll have to agree to disagree.

Next Bus London offers daily reports at a preset time. I.e. you can ask it to tell you what buses are due at a stop at a set time every day. You could say it tells you what buses are coming at a set time every day.

BusMate London allows you to set a reminder for when specific bus or buses are a set time away from a stop, either as a one-off, or a daily/weekday/weekly basis. I.e. you ask it to tell you when the 74 is 5 minutes away from Kingwood Road, and it sends you a push notification when it is. It also automatically repeats for the next bus etc until you dismiss it. You could say it reminds you when your bus is coming.

I believe they are two very different things, and I believe that BusMate does it better. If you think otherwise, then I invite you to try them both :)

BusMate London is also available for both iPhone and iPad, and much better value for money (currently 69p vs £1.99)