What's new

App for easier deaf communication

I understand. Without trying the app myself, I was interested in how organised the cards are.

Hmm... I'll bet the app doesn't use location services to determine you are at a Starbucks, or a train station,
and bring the relevant cards to the front :D
All it would have to do is store the location you were at when you created the card,
and that is where you are most likely to need that card again.

Am I going to make a million dollars yet?

Being deaf, I'm always looking for apps that make life easier for me. I just found one such app; BuzzCards.

App Store link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sorenson-buzzcards/id380582593?mt=8
App price: Free
App developer: Sorenson Communications

BuzzCards is an app to help deaf people communicate easily with people who don't know sign language. The app works like a deck of cards with each card holding the text you want to show to another person. You can create/edit cards ahead of time for any purpose (ex. "Where is the bus stop", "I want a large coffee please"). Users can make as many cards as necessary and they can be organized by category. To use a BuzzCard, simply choose the card you want to show and hold your iPhone or iPod up so the card can be read.

I've installed this app on my iPhone and found it easy to create new cards or edit existing ones.

I, too, am deaf and am glad you posted this. I shall be downloading it myself for future use in noisy places where hearing people may not understand what I am saying.

What apps do you use to make/take phone calls via a text relay service? (I see you're from the USA and I'm in the UK, LOL)

I, too, am deaf and am glad you posted this. I shall be downloading it myself for future use in noisy places where hearing people may not understand what I am saying.

What apps do you use to make/take phone calls via a text relay service? (I see you're from the USA and I'm in the UK, LOL)

I don't communicate via phone, I rely on SMS and email for communications. However, I do have friends that use the Purple 3 and NTouch apps from the App Store.

Being deaf, I'm always looking for apps that make life easier for me. I just found one such app; BuzzCards.

App Store link: Sorenson BuzzCards on the App Store on iTunes
App price: Free
App developer: Sorenson Communications

BuzzCards is an app to help deaf people communicate easily with people who don't know sign language. The app works like a deck of cards with each card holding the text you want to show to another person. You can create/edit cards ahead of time for any purpose (ex. "Where is the bus stop", "I want a large coffee please"). Users can make as many cards as necessary and they can be organized by category. To use a BuzzCard, simply choose the card you want to show and hold your iPhone or iPod up so the card can be read.

I've installed this app on my iPhone and found it easy to create new cards or edit existing ones.

I am glad to hear about this app. I will try this one because I have a lot of deaf/mute friends. They wanted to chitchat with me but it's very hard.