What's new

Bumper Question

k.bird197

Reaction score
Hi guys i am bidding on a bumper on ebay for my iphone4 as i cant wait for apple to give me one free as i think it will be a while until i get one from them because everyone will be demanding one straight away.
Can anyone tell me would there be any difference between a none genuine apple bumper and a genuine apple bumper?

Thanks kerry

I also bought a case on e bay that covers my phone except for the front. It fits well and all cut outs line up ok so I think you will be good. I plan on getting a high quality case when some are available.

Hi guys i am bidding on a bumper on ebay for my iphone4 as i cant wait for apple to give me one free as i think it will be a while until i get one from them because everyone will be demanding one straight away.
Can anyone tell me would there be any difference between a none genuine apple bumper and a genuine apple bumper?

Thanks kerry

You cannot wait another week? All you have to do is order it online and they'll ship it to you for free. The difference between Apple or a name brand bumper a cheap e-bay bumper is probably the material and the quality of the bumper. The Apple or Belkin bumper will probably last longer than a cheap one. And your drop protection may be better with an Apple or Belkin bumper.

If I were you, I'd order a full or front zagg invisible shield and wait for the Apple free bumper or case.

Here's a link for an invisible shield.

http://www.ljbstore.com/ctlg

Thanks kerry

Your looking at ultra cheap plastic... & no rubber on the inside of the case to protect your phone. Just look where it is shipped from if it's from hongkong... It's cheap..:)

Did your bumper u got off ebay help with the signal ( Death Grip ) problem?

Thanks kerry

Your looking at ultra cheap plastic... & no rubber on the inside of the case to protect your phone. Just look where it is shipped from if it's from hongkong... It's cheap..:)

its from the uk and its rubber

how much is it? imo its better to just wait the week, it wont take long to get a free better quality bumper. why pay. you will get it maybe 2-3 days quicker. your iphone must be very bad antenna problem.. what carrier also do you use?

im an o2 carrier and it only drops out now and again, the bumper is £5.00 with free postage.
It is rubber so it should be fine, i dont mind paying a fiver and when apple release the bumpers i will still get the free one as i will get a different colour to one one im getting on ebay so i can swap them if i get bored of one colour lol
i know it sound silly but im like that.

oh, well a fiver is nothing. if you dont want to wait. but if its only dropping now and again, i dont see what the rush is.. but then you will get two dumbers, you can see which works best. but saying that if it only drops sometimes how much is a bumper going to help or change that? im sure calls still drop with the bumper there

I'm with you k.bird. I bought a few cheap ones online that were about the same price. I'll still end up getting the free one in a different color, but the bumper will add a little flair to an otherwise normal looking ip4.

Get the generic bumpers there like $7 shipped on eBay but downfall they come from
hong kong and shipping takes about 2-3 weeks.