What's new

Bumper Case blocks reception?

bberic2020

Reaction score
This has always been a myth for me if the bumper case is cool to use without weakening the signal strength.

Looking out on the internet about Bumper Case, and I basically find one group of opinion saying the bumper case made out of aluminum metal will reduce signal reception; while another group saying the bumper case won't weaken reception!

Can anyone tell me if they have experience using a bumper case before for the iPhone 5?

This is a dead forum, i wouldnt expect any feed back.

It isn't dead?! Members can still post or join. This thread may have been an oversight.
This is the slow period for this forum.. Things always pick up around WWDC! Our editorial staff always reports everything that's happening at the developers conference. That sparks a lot of interest for our current members and lurker's.

Btw... Your post was feedback. ;) [Jjoking!]

This has always been a myth for me if the bumper case is cool to use without weakening the signal strength.

Looking out on the internet about Bumper Case, and I basically find one group of opinion saying the bumper case made out of aluminum metal will reduce signal reception; while another group saying the bumper case won't weaken reception!

Can anyone tell me if they have experience using a bumper case before for the iPhone 5?

The Aluminum bumpers do tend to weaken a cellular signal when you're already in a weak reception area.
Plastic bumpers won't harm your cell signal. Most legit companies offer a 30 day return period. Try out the bumper you like and if it kills your reception, return it before the 30 days are up.

i have used a few Aluminium bumpers and in my experience they do reduce the signal by one or two bars,i suppose it depends how strong your signal was to begin with,i like metal bumpers and still use them at times,hope that helps.

What does the metal ones look like ??
theres lots of different styles and colours but basically its a metal band that fits around the edge of your phone,good at protecting the corners of your phone.