What's new

BUG? "IPhone disabled" without me doing anything (iPhone 6)

Clicking on "About This Mac" it says mid 2011. As I recall, I purchased it Summer/Autumn 2011. That makes it too old then? Will I end up with problems syncing my iPhone with it in future?
Yes, it’s too old to run High Sierra or Mojave.

Not unless you upgrade to a new iPhone in the future that needs a newer version of macOS to backup and sync. As long as you keep your present iPhone this won’t be a problem.

Phew! That is a relief! Thank you!

I hope to eventually upgrade both my Mac and my iPhone, but I will not be able to do it anytime very soon. I hope I can get at least 5 more years out of both, but that may be unrealistic. Basically, I am the kind of person who so long as something is functioning for me, I am happy to keep using it.

In 5 more years your MacBook Air will be 13 years old. I have a 14 year old MacBook Pro that can’t run any modern apps and struggles with most tasks.

Yes, I worry about it. Mostly, though, I use my Mac to browse the Internet, use email, and do a bit of on-line shopping. I have Pages for word processing, and that works well for me. If I could get a good deal on financing, I might want to upgrade sooner.

Contrary to popular belief most problems that are on any device are caused by its user. Not all problems are device related.