What's new

Broke my screen

a7xschecter6661

Reaction score
Hey there, I broke my screen tonight.
I have dropped my phone probably 100 times and was always surprised how durable it was. Apparently 101 times was the charm. Tonight it cracked from top to bottom when I dropped it on the pavement in a case, with a screen protector on. If there wasn't the screen protector there to hold it all together I am sure it would all be falling out.

Now the questions are:

Is it worth repairing it myself compared to getting a new one from verizon for $169?
If so, where is the best place to get a screen change kit if everything on the phone still works? The screen works everywhere- its just annoying with all of the cracks.

Please voice your opinions on what I should do.

Thanks!

Get the one for 169. I just ordered a screen anstalled it. It was a ***** and they sent me a bad screen. I am out almost hundred bucks and several hours. Now i dont know what to do with it.

Ya I wouldn't tinker around with getting a new screen installed. Youre just better off getting a new iPhone. Plus it'll be a shiny new one ;)

swpilgrim said:
Ya I wouldn't tinker around with getting a new screen installed. Youre just better off getting a new iPhone. Plus it'll be a shiny new one ;)

From now on if i break i will just consider it a forced upgrade

Yeah I figured it was hard and just went with a new one. I ordered the new one on the 13th at 5pm. It went from NY to Kentucky and I got it the next day just after 5pm. I thought that was pretty neat and got me back to using my phone very quickly.

Between time and money just getting the new one is easier

Glad it worked out for you, a7.... I'm just very curious why your screen broke as it did, with the case on. Perhaps there was an "object" on the flat surface that reached your screen when you dropped it.

Dropped your phone 100 times? I think I've got the phone for you...

$Phone.jpg

:)

I dropped it on the pavement so I am sure it wasn't flat at all. It wasn't one center area with lots of cracks going out of it. There were multiple areas and it spider-webbed the whole thing just about

And thanks Dave, had it not been that I like my phone, internet and music all in one place with a very easy operating system and everything you need. I would probably have one of those verizon tank phones lol

And thanks Dave, had it not been that I like my phone, internet and music all in one place with a very easy operating system and everything you need. I would probably have one of those verizon tank phones lol

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm hooked myself. But retro is really big these days. Who knows - maybe this is the new iPhone 5 prototype. Let's start a rumor! :) I really am sorry to hear you broke your phone. Good luck with that.

Hi there! I'm new to the site and not even sure if I have the English site or the American onw :S Ive had my iphone 3gs for almost 18 months now (new contract due in April) and I managed to drop my phone and cracked the screen. Thankfully, the phone still works. However I went camping at the weekend and the phone got wet and I think some water may have gone into the phone via the cracks. The screen went dim and as I tried to adjust the brightness it seemed like the screen just blew and bnow the brightness remains not very bright at all. There is somewhere that fixes screens near to wear I live for £35 but I'm unsure whether to pay to get it fixed as it may not even work properly after the screen is repaired. What do you think?!?!