What's new

help! 3gs 3rd connector broke and now not turning on

kos

Reaction score
newbie here, im okay with fixing stuff and that in general but think ive f'd it up beyond my skillset and knowledge

i basically cracked the screen replacing it i coudnt get the whole front off so pulled the glass off i eventually managed to get the facia off but with a strong hand i accidentally broke the 3rd connector i thought a bit of the ribbon remained so i pronged it gently and the brown flip thing came off pushing it in and now the white piece on the side has broken off!

so i decided to call it quits as this is now my 7th screen repair! and the phone has served me well, i put the other two tabs 2 and 3 in to go through my stuff and get it all off the phone contacts sms etc,

however when i connected it i got a white screen kind off with lines and a wierd squiggly bit which looked like the lcd had cracked..

i switched the phone on after but i then tryed to put the 3rd connector in whilst the phone was on, i got a signal on my comp,

however i now have to power or any life on the screen? i tried calling but nothing...

i have loads of pics from holidays, i have whatsapp convos open and contacts....

my main concern is my pictures and whatsapp, if i were to get a new 4s and put the micro sim with my number would my convos return?..

any way i can get the pics off is there a memory card or anything i can extract it from?

any help much appreciated, thanks

545BC0DB-8AAC-4E42-9AA4-F79F65979F25-152-000000045AB44160.jpg

Don't believe so. However, if your computer can recognize your iPhone, you can use iExplorer to rip your photos, videos, music, SMS, etc etc right off of your iPhone. There are 2 versions, a free and a paid, but the free one should suit your needs.

iExplorer - iPhone, iPad Music & File Transfer App - Mac & PC

All it does is it legitimately roots your device like you could if you jailbroke your device, but iExplorer does no require any jailbreak whatsoever.

As for your WhatsApp, you might have to find the directory where your conversations are cached in. Nothing is really saved on your SIM per say

Not sure why you phone wouldn't turn on. The cable labeled number 3 relates to the earpiece and proximity sensor in the iPhone 3GS. 1 is the LCD, 2 is the digitizer and home button. make sure all cables are securely connected.

ahh right i see so the iexplorer will sort my pics?

ive managed to switch it on! however this is my view

5CC04576-D979-4805-AA53-B61D2612FA3B-152-000000092DD35979.jpg

i perfected the settings and theme etc with the phone, i jailbroke it a few years ago and had most of the apps is there a way to get those back or?

ive also managed to break the centre button, its really not my day!

after looking at prices for iphone 5, and not being a fan of 4, is there a way in which i can repair the phone? the 3rd tab as above... could i just replace the whole board it sits on with a spares iphone or is it all linked together?

i assume il need a very very fine solder gun to heat up and remove the 3rd connector if i cant remove the whole board?

any ideas was up with the screen? damaged ribbon? connectors in properly...

Your LCD looks damaged too. You can buy logic board on eBay if you would like to. And yes the 3rd connector can be replaced with some careful soldering. were all the cables in the right place when you changed the glass? When the screen is like that it usually means the lcd cable is being strained in some sort of way or the connector is bad.