What's new

i6- replacement screen not working

jakobswife

Reaction score
Pretty sure this is the correct place to post this. So I broke the screen on my iPhone 6, then ordered a replacement screen and digitizer. I replaced the screen which I have experience doing, made sure to be very careful...but the outcome is that my phone still doesn't work! I've attached a photo of what the phone is displaying. Its like the inside is cracked or something. Any suggestions on what the issue here is????? Thank you!

Attachments

• WP_20150715_22_17_42_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150715_22_17_42_Pro.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 338
Welcome to iPhoneForums, jakobswife!

The reason could be a faulty screen, or a cable not being attached properly. You'll have to make sure everything is seated properly, and nothing is bent or broken.
Also, try a reset: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both. The iPhone will power up on it's own.

If the iPhone still is under warranty, it would have been better to take it to an Apple Retail Store and let them fix the screen. Since you've done this yourself, it's not possible any more.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, jakobswife!

The reason could be a faulty screen, or a cable not being attached properly. You'll have to make sure everything is seated properly, and nothing is bent or broken.
Also, try a reset: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both. The iPhone will power up on it's own.

If the iPhone still is under warranty, it would have been better to take it to an Apple Retail Store and let them fix the screen. Since you've done this yourself, it's not possible any more.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much for the quick response! I'm pretty sure I have everything installed correctly and have made sure all the wires are snapped in good. I'm leaning towards a faulty screen. Do you know if this means the digitizer is broken? It was under warranty but I was looking for the cheapest way out so just purchased a screen on eBay :( I'm now regretting it!

No idea if whether or not it's broken. You could also have received a screen that was faulty.
eBay is not always a good place for replacement parts.

Take a look at iFixit The Free Repair Manual They sell the parts you need, there are videos and manuals how to repair your device, and they have a forum where you can post questions, if something goes wrong.