What's new

Bricked IPhone 4

Snotrocket

Reaction score
I think i have seriously bricked an Iphone... I didn't think this was even possible anymore! If anyone on here has any experience with this sort of problem i could desperately use some guidance.

Quick Rundown.. I upgraded my phone to IOS5 Beta 6 to give it a try and in my haste i must have over seen the fact that once going to IOS 5 apple makes it a B$#@% to attempt to downgrade to older versions. After following some advice i read on various apple forums I was led to believe with a program called Tiny Umbrella this process was made easy.. How wrong i was. I now am un able to load any firmware version onto my phone. All i can successfully do at this point is boot into Recovery Mode or DFU. Any time I attempt to restore with itunes i get different errors even when selecting specific firmwares.

Because not to many people are using IOS 5 this problem really isn't that common and I really think i could be in trouble here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

anyone know where i can locate itunes 10.2 for MAC online? im currently running 10.5

Last edited:
Ok so update... I've tried everything... I can get half a 4.3.5 restore done if i run tinyumbrella but when it gets to the point where it says restoring firmware the phone shuts off and i get an error 16something... If i try 4.3.3 from DFU mode with TinyUmbrealla running i get error 1604 .. After every time attempting to restore i end up back in recovery mode.. I have tried from both DFU mode and Recovery mode... always get errors.. Not sure what to do now.. Ive tried kicking the phone out of recovery mode with recboot and tinyumbrella and still end up back at square one.. Not sure what to do from here.. Any more advice would be greatly appreciated.. Also, im pretty sure i have attempted this with every version of itunes i can get my hands on.. Currently using 10.4.1.

Last edited:
Final Update... Apparently the version of itunes i was using turned out to be 4.2.2 not 4.2.. and that is what caused all my problems. Thank you again iFrog problem solved..

Not out of the woods yet lol... Lost my 3g service now... The 3g logo is there but i am not receiving any data... Any suggestions there?

Bump. Still no 3G data with 4.3.3. Tried everything. Called my provider and everything is ok on their end. If I update to 4.3.5 things are good to go.

Bump. Still no 3G data with 4.3.3. Tried everything. Called my provider and everything is ok on their end. If I update to 4.3.5 things are good to go.

You can always try to upgrade the iOS.

Snotrocket said:

Try this link out I used this and it worked, I had the same problem