What's new

Bluetooth headphones

Chiming in a little late, but I purchased a set of Beats Solo 2 wireless when they were release and I must say that I'm pretty happy with them. I got them at a Best Buy sale and received $50 off. So I decided to take the plunge and they're great on-ear headphones. I like the support app that you can download on your desktop and name your beats so that when I pair them with other devices at the office I know they're my headphones and not someone else. I love the carrying case that's included and the fact that I can take phone calls when they're connected. Microphone is built in. The person on the other end can hear me without issues and I don't even know where the mic is hidden.

I also own a pair Skullcandy on-ear headphones for around the house and the sound is comparable. Still though I notice that I get a deeper, richer sound from my beats.

I'm not an audiophile so I don't know if there's a wide spectrum of mid-lows andn highs, but I know what I like and the sound is what I like.

The other plus side of the beats is that you could walk into any apple store and try them out and test them before you buy. That way you can make your own conclusion.

The trouble with audiophiles is that they tend to listen to the equipment, rather than the sound that the equipment produces. My 7.2 system sounds far better than my 2 channel system, at a huge cost in accuracy. It is set up so that if you are in the middle of a plane crash during a movie, you feel as though you are in the middle of a plane crash. When you apply that setup to music, you have a full, rich sound that is quite unlike anything that has ever been heard in a concert hall. My 2 channel system, by contrast, is set up so that I can't tell the difference between a single note played on a piano, and the same note played on a piano that is actually in the room. Deep, booming bass that terrifies the dog and results in a visit from the police is fun, but hardly realistic.

Another point about audiophiles is the concept of ABX testing. They will wax lyrical about this component over that one, the difference in sound that different cables make and so on, but when it comes to the good, old ABX test, they can become strangely quiet. This involves listening to component A, then to component B, then to component X which could be A or B. The subject has to decide which one, and the results can be startling, with performance remarkably close to pure coincidence in many cases.

I have Bach organ recordings that sound terrible, for the simple reason that they are pedal exercises recorded close to the organists sitting position. They are not intended to be musical. They are intended to show how hard the organist is working, with the result that you can hear the workings of the organ as much as you can hear the music that is being produced. It sounds like doors banging in a lunatic asylum. In reality, no recording of organ music would be miked that close to the organist, and you wouldn't hear the noise. You would hear the result of the noise, while the organist himself would probably be wearing earplugs.

So, when you audition a pair of headphones, whether you consider yourself to be an audiophile or not, the best advice is to buy what sounds good to you. Don't get hung up on what sounds good to someone else. If they don't like it, they can jump off the nearest cliff, because the whole point of using those earphones in the first place is so that a) other people don't have to hear your music, and b) you don't have to listen to them.

Thanks for the last few lines there Kevin, all this ah these headphones are great gets on my nerves.
After having a hearing test at work l was sent to a Doctor for testing, he said l needed aids. I think my hearing is fine but other people don't. If they speak to my face no problem, if they are facing away it's hard to understand.
Mainly because it's in German so l need to concentrate more.
Watching TV is a nightmare. My music is easy to understand however low l set it, that's mostly with Jamaican slang.
I have never spent more than £100 on headphones in life and never will, sorry for babbling on.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

I am thinking about an on ear pair of Bluetooth headphones... any ideas people. My choice would be Bose but are to expensive, have read about Jabra any info on these jabra move....or other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using Sennheiser Momentum Wireless headphones and they are amazing. Great sound quality, long battery life and awesome noise cancelling. I did quite a bit of research before going wireless and I haven't regretted the purchase yet,

I picked up a pair of Sony MDR10RBT's on Amazon and have been really impressed. Reasonably priced, great sound and really comfortable (which has been an issue for me in the past even with over-ear headphones). I'm no audio connoisseur though - I mainly use them for Netflix and the odd podcast so YMMV.

I picked up a pair of Sony MDR10RBT's on Amazon and have been really impressed. Reasonably priced, great sound and really comfortable (which has been an issue for me in the past even with over-ear headphones). I'm no audio connoisseur though - I mainly use them for Netflix and the odd podcast so YMMV.

Hey man it's what sounds good to you not other people that really matters. Glad your happy. I've got a pair of no name jobs, really comfortable good sound, for me, and easy to control. Cost about €35,00.
Better than the beats my opinion only though.

Hey man it's what sounds good to you not other people that really matters. Glad your happy. I've got a pair of no name jobs, really comfortable good sound, for me, and easy to control. Cost about €35,00.
That's what it comes down to, that you're satisfied with the performance.

Nice disclaimer. LOL

In my opinion, the Beats Solo 2 HD Wireless on-ear headphones are better than the wireless Skullkandy Hess on-ears I have. They sound deeper and richer.

Need some help. Have a 32 gb iPhone 7. However, am not able to pair my iPhone with my Samsung level U. Had an iPhone 6 earlier & was able to pair the phone seamlessly. Current iPhone just does not identify the level u headphones. Anyone else facing similar bluetooth issues?

I'm currently using Apple AirPods for casual and outdoor activities, I use my BOSE Soundsport Pulse earbuds for working out and my BOSE QC 35's for home and tuning out the world.