What's new

Bluetooth shows connected

Well that's a disappointment. Not too often that Apple disappoints me, but this is one. That was a handy feature. I won't bore you with the details, but I have some situations where it was nice to be able to be able to tell at a glance if my Jabra speakerphone was connected. Does Apple have a system in place to ask for features to be added or reinstated?
You can send feedback:
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html
In most cases, Apple won’t reply, but they’ll certainly read your feedback.

It looks like Apple may be tackling the wifi/Bluetooth disconnect vs turn off in an upcoming update, hopefully they will update the status indicator at the same time

It looks like Apple may be tackling the wifi/Bluetooth disconnect vs turn off in an upcoming update, hopefully they will update the status indicator at the same time

I saw that. I hope so too. I did submit a request, and I’ve got a lot of pull with Apple. [emoji6]

After moving to iOS 11 I find that the Bluetooth symbol at the top of the screen shows that the phone is connected to Bluetooth. I do have a Jabra Bluetooth speakerphone in the car, but it automatically disconnects after the car sits idle for a few minutes. This only started after upgrading to iOS 11. I've tried turning the phone off and back on, and tried a hard reset. There are no other Bluetooth devices that the phone connects to. Battery life seems to have degraded significantly and as of right now I'm blaming it on this issue. Any ideas?
Found an article that explains the changes Apple made, makes sense now.Why Control Center no longer turns off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in iOS 11 | Cult of Mac

An interesting write-up, and it does explain some things. However, the following caught my eye:
The iOS 11 Wi-Fi toggle works much the same. Toggle it off, and it now disconnects from any network you are connected to. The Wi-Fi icon will also dim.
Except that it doesn't work that way on mine. Instead of dimming, the Wi-Fi icon goes away entirely and I get my LTE icon. Which brings us back to my original complaint, which was that my Bluetooth icon works the same way - it's either on or off, but never dims.

An interesting write-up, and it does explain some things. However, the following caught my eye:

Except that it doesn't work that way on mine. Instead of dimming, the Wi-Fi icon goes away entirely and I get my LTE icon. Which brings us back to my original complaint, which was that my Bluetooth icon works the same way - it's either on or off, but never dims.
"Will also dim..." refers to the icon in the Control Centre, not the status bar.

The learning curve is awfully big here. Glad some of you beta tested this so you have answers for us.

Not better, I turn the radio off to turn it off, not disconnect and stay powered on. This is someone (the web site) inferring a reason for a bug to not be a bug
I don't agree, the OS has to anticipate a whole lot of Bluetooth uses that weren't the norm a few years ago. But we both are entitled to our own opinions.