What's new

Bluetooth connectivity issue

alicefred

Reaction score
I have had my iPhone 4 for a couple weeks now. Everything is working superbly fine, except the bluetooth. For some reason it stopped working. I tried numerous devices, but it still won't connect. Whenever I try to search any bluetooth device, it just says Searching and has the "working" symbol, but never finds anything. Does anyone else have the same bluetooth connectivity problem? Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Apple is really picky in the devices allowed to connect. What exactly are you trying to connect to?

I also have this same problem, with my iPhone 4 and my iPod touch. I will turn bluetooth on for both of them and all it will say is "searching..." and underneath that it will say "now discoverable." Neither of the devices will show up in the other ones bluetooth devices list. My computer was also not able to see my iPhone 4 when it was discoverable.

There is no direct connect on iPhone/iPad. As someone else mentioned it's mostly to limit music piracy. If your just looking to transfer photos there are many apps that send over Bluetooth.

ah alright, so this may be a dumb question but, what CAN the iPhone 4 connect to then?

I have the same problem. I have a new iPhone 4 and a Jawbone bluetooth ear piece. It won't find anything that I try to pair with it including my jawbone. My wifes blackberry will find every bluetooth device around. I have a friend who is able to pair his jawbone with his iPhone 4. I have made sure bluetoon is enabled on my iPhone but I get nothing. Any ideas?

I have the same problem. I have a new iPhone 4 and a Jawbone bluetooth ear piece. It won't find anything that I try to pair with it including my jawbone. My wifes blackberry will find every bluetooth device around. I have a friend who is able to pair his jawbone with his iPhone 4. I have made sure bluetoon is enabled on my iPhone but I get nothing. Any ideas?

Are you upgraded to 4.1?

I have the same problem with my Iphone 4. I'm on version 4.1.