What's new

Blocking nuisance callers

Robb

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm looking for some help with blocking some nuisance callers.
I've bin receiving upwards of ten maybe 15 calls a week from a sales team selling payment protection insurance(utter morons).i contacted my network provider this morning to see if I could block the numbers and I was informed that this isn't possible on the iPhone 4 but I could possibly download an app for it,after ten minutes cruising the app store it became pretty aparrant the apps available were all useless!!
Does anyone have any suggestions or advise for me as I'm two phone calls off changing my phone number S

iBlacklist from cydia if you are jailbroken.

and there is an iBlacklist on the appstore that is not as good as the one for jailbroken devices, but it does what you are saying you want done.

I'm just impressed by this app n wana share that. Do u use this app

Scorpio1 said:
I'm just impressed by this app n wana share that. Do u use this app

Nope. I did other stuff to annoying sales people that worked like a charm.

They would call and wanna sell me something and I was like sounds good give me your home number and I ll call you when I can.

They were like wanting to call me back or give me their work no, and I said no, you give me your cell or home number and I ll call you there and see how you like it.

Havent received calls since ;)

Sorry my phone isn't jail broke.
I had a look at this app in the app store
And the reviews it received were realy bad on most occasions people were complaining they wanted there money back.
What are your views I pressume none of you have experianced any problems as of yet

Robb said:
And the reviews it received were realy bad on most occasions people were complaining they wanted there money back.
What are your views I pressume none of you have experianced any problems as of yet

I used iblacklist for jailbroken phone not the appstore one, i just seen there was one i AppStore that claimed it helped with those kinds if calls. Id just say ignore them! Or do what i did, or ask to talk to their supervisor

Robb said:

No unfortunately the app store iblacklist doesn't really work sorry to say but it didn't work for me but the cydia iblacklist works great. Jailbreak ur phone n get it. U won't regret it. U will thank all who told u to jb

Hi guys I'm looking for some help with blocking some nuisance callers.
I've bin receiving upwards of ten maybe 15 calls a week from a sales team selling payment protection insurance(utter morons).i contacted my network provider this morning to see if I could block the numbers and I was informed that this isn't possible on the iPhone 4 but I could possibly download an app for it,after ten minutes cruising the app store it became pretty aparrant the apps available were all useless!!
Does anyone have any suggestions or advise for me as I'm two phone calls off changing my phone number S

If you press your off button twice it will quit ringing and go directly to VM. After a while maybe they'll get the hint.

For those not jailbroken -

Today I came across an interesting idea which is a work-around to silence unwanted calls. Basically it is a way of stopping chosen phone numbers from disturbing you by the use of a silent ringtone.
The method is detailed on the blog of David Smith who thought up this simple idea.
I think I am within the forum guidelines in giving this link to the explanation:

Fighting Spam Callers on the iPhone - David Smith

I haven't had a need to try it out for myself as yet but I will keep it bookmarked for future use.

For those not jailbroken -

Today I came across an interesting idea which is a work-around to silence unwanted calls. Basically it is a way of stopping chosen phone numbers from disturbing you by the use of a silent ringtone.
The method is detailed on the blog of David Smith who thought up this simple idea.
I think I am within the forum guidelines in giving this link to the explanation:

Fighting Spam Callers on the iPhone - David Smith

I haven't had a need to try it out for myself as yet but I will keep it bookmarked for future use.

Thanks for this. Appreciate it.

Why not just jailbreak the phone and use blacklist? The silent ringtone method still interrupts whatever you are doing.