What's new

Unidentified Callers - Silenced

DallasFan

Reaction score
Sometimes, I will get a phone call from someone and it will be Silenced.
It is usually a number I don't have in my directory.
I have blocked about 100 phone numbers that were spam.
But these are legitimate numbers that get blocked by my phone and I won't realize that anyone has called until I see a message for a missed call.
The phone numbers I have in my directory, display the number when I receive a call.

How do I make the changes necessary so that the phone does not block unknown callers and potentially display any caller ID information like their name and ?

Sometimes, I will get a phone call from someone and it will be Silenced.
It is usually a number I don't have in my directory.
I have blocked about 100 phone numbers that were spam.
But these are legitimate numbers that get blocked by my phone and I won't realize that anyone has called until I see a message for a missed call.
The phone numbers I have in my directory, display the number when I receive a call.

How do I make the changes necessary so that the phone does not block unknown callers and potentially display any caller ID information like their name and ?
You need to go to Phone in settings and change the setting to Silence Unknown Callers OFF.

Last edited:
You need to go to phone in settings and change the setting to silence unknown callers OFF.
I went to settings, and checked under General, Sound and Haptics, and a few other links, and I found nothing related to 'silence unknown callers. Any suggestions?

I went to settings, and checked under General, Sound and Haptics, and a few other links, and I found nothing related to 'silence unknown callers. Any suggestions?
You need to go to Phone in settings and you will see the option I referred to.