What's new

Blocking a number

Tricon7

Reaction score
Someone keeps calling me on my iPhone, then hangs up as soon as I answer. They also never leave a message. When I tried calling the number back, I got an automated recording that said, "You have reached a non-working number." Is there any way to block it?

I would rather not risk my carrier - Verizon - dropping me. I have their unlimited data plan, so I don't want to jeopardise that, unfortunately. Fiddledesticks.

You could call verizon and tell them your situation and maybe they can block it for you?

Tricon7 said:
I would rather not risk my carrier - Verizon - dropping me. I have their unlimited data plan, so I don't want to jeopardise that, unfortunately. Fiddledesticks.

Verizon has a number blocking tool you can use via your online account. :)

NOTAL: the FCC has recently been deluged with consumer complaints about Robocalls, and they're stepping up to try to control them more than ever. We'll see. There's a web site that allows users to "block" their number from robocalls, but I suppose I can't post the link here, or else get excoriated. As far as your issue, Tricon, I don't believe the iPhone has the capability to "block" calls. But as Darkstar wrote, your carrier may have your answer.

EWyatt, please go ahead and post the link here if it's free and not a third party looking for profit. (An FCC website link, for example, would be totally acceptable). Thanks!