What's new

Can u block a number?

sillysmom

Reaction score
I've been getting a few telemarketing like calls and I wondered if it's possible to block a number? I couldn't find a way to do that by googling it so I've made a contact named DO NOT ANSWER and I've made that a different ringtone, is there a way to make it silent and non vibrating when those numbers call? Thanks for your help

Actually, you are better off answering the call, telling them they have cold called a cell number and to remove your number from their list. If they call again, you can actually sue them and get money for the trouble. Odds are though, they won't call again. Because they know it is an automatic loss in court.

Yes, you can block a number. You do it through your carrier. If you have Verizon, sign-in to your Verizonwireless account, look for the call blocking feature, and type in the number. I don't know the exact screens, but if you can't find it, search for call-blocking in "help."

Actually, you are better off answering the call, telling them they have cold called a cell number and to remove your number from their list. If they call again, you can actually sue them and get money for the trouble. Odds are though, they won't call again. Because they know it is an automatic loss in court.

That's only if they are a legitimate company. You can also add your cell phone number to the national Do not call list.

Currently I have a fishing scammmer calling my number at least once a week. Every time I answer and tell them to take me off their calling list they hang up. I filed a complaint with the FCC and the FTC but they said that they, the scammers are using fake phone numbers that are not in service.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The calls are automated. The few times I've gotten a real person, I've told then that I'm on the national do not call registry and they haven't called back.