What's new

Blocked iPhone

JorgeAle95

Reaction score
Hi you all.

I need your help!!
It's been almost an year now since I've kept my iPhone in a box without using it because i now hace a new iPhone 4S. But yesterday a guy ask me to sell it to him. So I took the old iPhone and i started to check how it was. I wanted to restore it before gave to him.

Ok, this is an iPhone 2G with Jailbrake. First of all, i cometed the big mistake of restoring it with the option that is in the Settings menu of the phone. When the loading bar finished the phone rebotted and then it stayed with the apple logo. I can turn it off or on without problems pressing the Home and Power buttons at the same time, but it won't go further than the Apple logo.

After a bit of searching, i learned how to use the DFU Mode in order to retore it. It seemed that it was my only option to bring my iPhone back to life. After some tries, i finally could make it through the DFU Mode.

NOW, HERE'S MY PROBLEM:
The first time I did it, my PC showed a notificacion at the right bottom of the screen. The one that appears when you plug in a pen drive, camera o something like that. It said that the device in DFU mode was conected.
BUT, when iTunes tried to recognize mi iPhone, it appeared a window that said something like: An iPod has been recognize but it couldn't be recognized properly. Disconect and try again. CANT FIND THE REQUERIED FILE

I've been searching and searching in different forums but with no results. Please I need help urgently.

I want you to know that:
I have the last actulizacion of iTunes
I've never had problems syncing my iPhone's.
I have XP in my PC.
I have no intention in jailbrake my iPhone.

Sorry, about my english, I'm argentinian and i couldn't find anything in spanish forums so now I'm here.

I really apreciate your help.
Thanks!

Are you sure you're in DFU and not recovery? Try re-installing iTunes.

YES, I'm completely sure. Recovering mode is when the iTunes logo appear in the iPhone screen. And DFU when the screen is black. In fact i alredy tried in recovery mode and i restored it with iTunes but nothing happened in my iPhone.

Also, i tried in other PC with XP and I had the same problem.