What's new

iphone stuck at dfu

adirh3

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have iPhone 3g that his power button is not working. I wanted to jailbreak him so I had to put him into dfu mode, but I couldn't because of my broken power button. So I used this guide and I modified IPSW file and restored it, after then the device was in dfu mode (black screen) I tried to jailbreak but the greenp0ision thing said "Waiting to dfu" and when I used another jailbreak software it said "Waiting for restart", so I decided to restore the device, but the itunes/pc doesn't recognize him unless he has no battery and when it recognizes him (I hear the "todo" thing) the iTunes says that the phone is in recovery mode and when I click shift-Restore and I choose the IPSW file and I got these errors:
First I got that:
The iPhone ".." could not be restored. An unknown error eccoured (9)
After restart and another things I got that:
The iPhone ".." could not be restored. An unknown error eccoured (1600)
and that:
The iPhone ".." could not be restored. An unknown error eccoured (1602)
and now I got that:
The iPhone ".." could not be restored. An unknown error eccoured (1601)

The iphone is not mine and I screwed up and now it's "dead" and I just don't know what to do, I have searched in Google for answers for hour and nothing and I need to give it back soon, so I hopped that you can help me , cause other forums don't..

Sorry about my bad English,
Thanks for helpers and have a nice day,
Adir Hudayfi

Last edited:
Thanks for helping,
I wasn't updating I had already 4.2.1 and I restored to 4.2.1 and how do I check the baseband?

Go to Settings>General>About... Your Baseband will be next to Modem Firmware.
I can't do that because the phone doesn't turn on because of what I did, see what I wrote up. I think it in dfu loop or something like that, I can't do anything the phone has black screen always and I even didn't see the apple logo once since I did that..

Please help, thanks
Adir