What's new

Blank or "jibberish" text field

xrayeyes

Reaction score
I have one friend that is getting either blank or jibberish text fields from me. She is the only one I have this issue with. The "jibberish" texts I am attributing to emoticons, so I won't use them with her anymore. But just now she got a blank text from me, which has happened before. I am Verizon and she is ATT. I am not sure what phone she has, but I don't think it's a smartphone. Possibly a feature phone. Any ideas?

I would guess its her phone and the phones own limits. I have AT & T but many of my friends have Verizon and there are no text issues that I am experiencing with them. In fact, one of my closest friends has a Verizon phone that I know is not a smart phone, its one of those that has a slider to reveal the keyboard. She gets texts and pictures in texts from me all the time. Hope you figure it out.

I've figured out that the issue is only with group texts. Her phone thinks they are MMS and won't open them. Are group texts normally considered MMS?

I've figured out that the issue is only with group texts. Her phone thinks they are MMS and won't open them. Are group texts normally considered MMS?

Found this on the Apple site:

Group messaging on iPhone
Group messages will be sent using iMessage if all recipients have iMessage enabled. If not, the conversation will be sent as MMS. Group messages use MMS even if the content is text only.

Who knew?