What's new

Blackberry Storm 2 to Iphone 4S

mlg2919

Reaction score
Planning to go from my Blackberry Storm 2 to Iphone 4s but have some concerns and questions since we travel a lot. We are on Verizon and will have unlimited data.
How is the reception in 1x areas.
Can the 4s be JB for PDANET, a must have app for me. Is there a better solution?
Speaker quality and volume, how good is it?
Sync with Outlook contacts and calender? How hard is it, what app to do it with?
Use Poynt for gas prices now, what would be the equivalent in 4S?
Best Turn by turn Navigation app?
Have hotmail and gmail accounts, can both be linked without issues?
Is facebook easy to link on 4s?
Love the automatic clock when I put Storm in Cradle, any such feature on Iphone?

I look forward to all the answers, suggestions and advice, Thank You in advance.

Hey there I can address a few of your questions. I currently have a 4s that is jail broken and am running PDAnet. It works great. There are other alternatives out there but I have used pdanet since I had my blackberry and android so just stuck with it on the iPhone. One great thing is that on the iPhone you can use pdanet as a wifi hot spot as opposed to just having to tether all your devices. As far as your mail concerns, you can use the built in exchange program to sync your outlook or most other email accounts. Personally I use the exchange program for work related stuff then I have the dedicated gmail app for my personal uses. For me anyway the sync between all my contacts worked great. I have them separated between work and personal contacts since there are a lot of them. Sorry I cannot address your other concerns as I am on Sprint. Hope this helps.