What's new

Bigger keys on Keyboard

rickblackmon

Reaction score
Brand new iPhone user (Iphone 7). I have trouble using the keyboard. Is there a good app that will make the keys larger?

Brand new iPhone user (Iphone 7). I have trouble using the keyboard. Is there a good app that will make the keys larger?

Well with iOS 10 it does let you use custom keyboard so it might be possible to find one on he AppStore that has bigger keys. I'll keep my eyes peeled for one and let you know

I downloaded Blink which will do it but with one big caveat, you have to give them full access and you get a warning they can see everything you type or have ever typed using the app. That's a big no-no for me. Thanks for the replies.

I downloaded Blink which will do it but with one big caveat, you have to give them full access and you get a warning they can see everything you type or have ever typed using the app. That's a big no-no for me. Thanks for the replies.

Thankfully they gave you a warning instead of hiding it in hundreds of pages of nonsense.

You should be able to get SwiftKey with iPhone i use it on Android and it's great.

FWIW, all KB's can see what you type as that is the nature of the keyboard interacting with the screen. I believe Apple is better with our privacy concerns tho and that's why I use the stock KB. That warning always gives me a chill and turns me off tho. Swift key seemed to work better on android than iPhone for me. Speech recognition works very well IMO and I use that if I'm typing out anything very long. Landscape does give a larger KB to work with, maybe try that. Other than that I just got used to the OEM KB on my iPhone 7.

FWIW, all KB's can see what you type as that is the nature of the keyboard interacting with the screen. I believe Apple is better with our privacy concerns tho and that's why I use the stock KB. That warning always gives me a chill and turns me off tho. Swift key seemed to work better on android than iPhone for me. Speech recognition works very well IMO and I use that if I'm typing out anything very long. Landscape does give a larger KB to work with, maybe try that. Other than that I just got used to the OEM KB on my iPhone 7.
That's also why Apple won't give third party keyboards access to passwords. You revert to the stock password keyboard whenever you have to enter a password if you're using a third party keyboard app.

That's also why Apple won't give third party keyboards access to passwords. You revert to the stock password keyboard whenever you have to enter a password if you're using a third party keyboard app.
Ahh, Thanks , Forgot about this feature. Good point.

TAPATALK is popular and it's in the APPS store.

Or you could shave your fingers down to make them smaller. But it would probably be easier to download a new APP.

Just a few ideas......

Have a nice day !