Best wired earbud headset

Discussion in 'iPhone 4 Accessories' started by SingingSabre, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Tekki

Tekki New Member

I always loved my altec lansing 903 blue tooth stereo headset, in my opionion they are the best sounding ear phones. I got tired of killing my iphone battery from using the bluetooth. I bought the skullcandy ear buds for around 50 bucks and boy they sound damn good and they are very comfortable. Skull candy for the win.

2. SingingSabre

SingingSabre New Member

Honestly, I've never liked Skull Candy. Their looks and even their sound don't do it for me. I don't want skulls on my products, that's just how it is.

I've never found Bose to be worth the extra price, I think they lack features for their price. Of course, enough people say the same things about Apple products.

I went with the Apple wired earbuds. They fit perfectly and the dual drivers give me the depth of sound I was looking for. The mic and remote controls are exactly what I wanted. Found them for $55 after shipping on Amazon and they even came in their retail package.

3. zipur

zipur Member

as you say everyone has their own opinion. I think people are looking for the V sound not flat. That is how most head set are built. I use Weston's (quality sound) and Sennheiser (variety). But only you can say what is good for you. You also should consider fit to avoid pop-out. Bottom line is you'll never beat over the ear cups.

4. xplod566

xplod566 New Member

I m pretty shocked how come no one in the forum even mentioned klipsch s4i or the v moda vibe duo.and people here buy iPhone for sound quality.but what's the point of listening to tunes if u really are not concerned about the high mid and lows of a headphone

5. xplod566

xplod566 New Member

And I think these headphones
    Are pretty costly what u r referring to.plus they are professional headphones.These r not meant for iPhone.Since the lows are a bit on the low side on iPhone so a bit of vanilla is always recommended for music listeners as their headphone should have that flavour.Remember s4i and v moda vibe duo are budget headphones which gives awesome sound quality for I devices and specifically made for idevices...

6. sgtjiggy

sgtjiggy Member

VModa great, full sound. They have a good selection and price range. I also have a set of Woodies, they are ok but wouldn't buy another set.

7. xplod566

xplod566 New Member

But v moda are mainly for people who are bass head ;-)

8. sgtjiggy

sgtjiggy Member

Really? Lol. I just go into the EQ and adjust to my liking, my ears are all messed up anyway. I worked around jets and guns for too many years.

9. xplod566

xplod566 New Member

Oh that's great.well which one you have?i wanted the vibe duo but then in India the availability is almost nill.so bought the klipsch s4i and found them pretty satisfactory :)

10. xplod566

xplod566 New Member

I listen to R&B coz in rock the treble is a bit sssssssssss type which I feel just hurts my ears.ewwwww ;-)

11. sgtjiggy

sgtjiggy Member

The vibe II and I think the other pair is the duo. Vibe sounds better and is made
    Of metal not plastic.

I mostly use my plantronics backbeat 903 BT wireless headset. Love them. U can still hear sound around you, good for running and biking of you are into that.

Sent from my i

12. xplod566

xplod566 New Member

Wow that seems good.btw I purchased the klipsch s4i an after burning it I kinda like the sound quality.not bad at that price range

13. xplod566

xplod566 New Member

But then again doesn't wireless mean loosing some data in the songs?!!

14. sgtjiggy

sgtjiggy Member

It was choppy at times when 20 or more feet from my iPhone 4. With the iPhone 4s I have yet to lose a connection even at 35+ feet. I really have no complaints with the sound. If I really want to get into the music I will put in the Vmoda buds.

Sent from my i4s

15. zipur

zipur Member

How about the fall out effect do the buds stay in your ear?