Best wired earbud headset

Discussion in 'iPhone 4 Accessories' started by SingingSabre, Nov 21, 2011.

1. SingingSabre

SingingSabre New Member

Okay, I confess that I'm a fan of the Apple wired headphones. Yup, mic and all. Only problem is that they don't stay in my ears.

Does anyone have any suggestions for something comparable to those, but in the style that goes into your ear canal? I'd like to keep it around $50 but am willing to go a little above that point.

Thank you!

2. chantelle310

chantelle310 Active Member

Skull candy are a reasonably good sound for the price. Not too sure about the mic though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. slosh

slosh New Member

Apple makes some in ear headphones just like the ones you get with your iphone just in ear. Try those out, saw them on the apple store app.

4. SingingSabre

SingingSabre New Member

Thanks for the tip. I read the description and ordered a set. I'll post in this thread how it went as soon as I get them and can run with them!

5. erikaq

erikaq New Member

Have you heard of Frogs? They work REALLY well and are reasonable and available at Target (i think)

6. slosh

slosh New Member

Do the have a mic and controls just like the apple ones.

7. iCrank

iCrank Member

I love the apple headphones. Can't help with finding anything better but you should check out headphones.com..

8. SingingSabre

SingingSabre New Member

I ended up ordering the Apple earbuds that go in the canal. They're perfect.

9. speed4tu

speed4tu Member

I like the Shure in ear ones. I have had great luck with them and they sound amazing. Little on pricy side but you get what you pay for.

10. madcapjim

madcapjim New Member

Been using Rockford Fosgate and like them much better than others I have tried.

11. iamkimosabi

iamkimosabi New Member

Really that good? Like flat response good? Ps what kind of music do you record and engineer? I'm looking into the audio engineer program at art institute...might attend.

12. firemanprice

firemanprice New Member

How much higher are you willing to go? I used some Bose earbuds and I can't tell you how good the sound my music and movies sound. I paid $125 and they are worth every penny. Check them out at your local Bestbuy or Verizon store.

13. madcapjim

madcapjim New Member

Sound is a very individual thing. In all my years around studios and people obsessed with it, I've rarely found people who agree on what sounds best. My father owned a record store when I was a kid, then was involved in a studio, and I worked in quality control in a record pressing plant when vinyl was still king. This was in the middle 1970s.
    What one person hears as thin will be fine to someone else, too much bass will be to little for the next guy. My point is don't spend very much on earbuds or anything else without trying it yourself. There is no one size fits all when it comes to sound and how we hear it.

14. njshoremom4gurlz

njshoremom4gurlz New Member

I have the kinds q the plastic or whatever material that gies OVER the headphone buds that fit in the ear. Being hard of hearing I have to remove my hearing aid which is no biggie I still hear and use the set I have.
    I have many, BB , Samsung those cheap JOOP ones or whateve they are called from walmart lol even Sony head set (no need to remove hearing aid) but I prefer them off.
    I am willing to get a new I fritz case n ear set I don't care for the mic thing in the middle that apple has no biggie.

15. njshoremom4gurlz

njshoremom4gurlz New Member

Holy moly my spelling is Way off my phone spell check actually messed up some words lmao!
    FROGZ lol
    Sorry:)
    I like them all maybe cause my ears are nit the greatest and I'm listening right now w the phones regular speakers sounds good to me lol (no headphones n no ihome speakers in my bathroom but about to put one in for the shower):) plus I charge phone in my bathroom !!
    My bathroom is my get away room lol 3 kids and I plug my ears and read my nook and light a cigarette:)