What's new

Best way of getting rid of data without factory resetting?

chantelle310

Reaction score
Ok so the iPhone is going on Monday. Too many little issues with the device that have pushed me away for a while and I was wondering what the best way to get rid of all of my data from it without actually Factory resetting the device? It's jailbroken on ios6 and the person buying doesn't like the new ios7. Any suggestions would be great help guys :)

Ok so the iPhone is going on Monday. Too many little issues with the device that have pushed me away for a while and I was wondering what the best way to get rid of all of my data from it without actually Factory resetting the device? It's jailbroken on ios6 and the person buying doesn't like the new ios7. Any suggestions would be great help guys :)
Does the person who is buying your phone want the jailbreak to remain on the phone?

Yes they do :) I just want to make sure that anything important cannot be seen or recovered by them Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Then iLEX R.A.T., as recommended by dedzdedz, is the best solution.

Last edited:
Use method 2 here. If the device has Siriports or Ac1d Siri on it, do NOT use any of the methods.

Then iLEX R.A.T., as recommended by dedzdedz, is the best solution.

Last quick question before I use this... Will it require the original sim card to set up once it's been restored? As I no longer have this in nano sim form it's been changed to a different sim that I now use in my htc

Option 12 will require a SIM because it brings you back to the activation process. So does using Settings and restoring. You can use ILEX RAT to remove tweaks only, leaving user data, and you can delete those on your own.

Option 12 will require a SIM because it brings you back to the activation process. So does using Settings and restoring. You can use ILEX RAT to remove tweaks only, leaving user data, and you can delete those on your own.

Any sim? I have had the phone factory unlocked since the first initial activation.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If it's factory unlocked, you can put in any SIM if needed at all.