What's new

Best Traffic App?

mdj282828

Reaction score
I'm looking for the best app that uses your location and gives accurate traffic reports, delay times, alternare routs etc? Has anyone tried Waze? I have also heard Intrix traffic is good? Thanks

mdj282828 said:
I'm looking for the best app that uses your location and gives accurate traffic reports, delay times, alternare routs etc? Has anyone tried Waze? I have also heard Intrix traffic is good? Thanks

Waze is pretty good. It kept me out traffic a few times.

Last edited:
The stock google map on the iPhone doesn't give real time traffic condition? Mine shows green on my path when the traffic is fluid and shows orange or red when the traffic is slow.

mdj282828 said:

I know MotionX GPS Drive recently had a major update to include traffic. So far after 2 weeks I find it verity accurate. I use it exclusively dumping my GARMIN UNIT. BTW, I drive approx. 500 mile a week.

The stock google map on the iPhone doesn't give real time traffic condition? Mine shows green on my path when the traffic is fluid and shows orange or red when the traffic is slow.

same here for the iPhone 4 on my end. I also have TeleNav, which is a free application, that will give you realtime traffic reports and a more "GPS feel"
-Jed

Has anyone tried traffic.com, looks pretty good to me and it's free?

Waze was good until I realized it could not determine one way high way & thru=ways!! Dangerous! Tried to send me wrong way on an one way interstate and some other roads. Fortunatly I knew where I was and it was ioncorrect! I use GPS Motion X because I like the voice guidance and it's very accurate. Just don't like the monthly fee when I had free google with voice on my old droid..........

I use MotionX, Waze, and Sigalert. Motion X is the best/cheapest option for the iphone that I know of. At 1.74 per/month (with voice) it cannot be beat. I like Waze for the social interaction aspect and knowing where the traffic spots are. I like Sigalert for the accuracy of the traffic spots.

Thought it was really interesting what AccuWeather is doing with their free app that speaks weather and traffic alerts to you based on your precise location (Global Alert Network). Sounds very relevant. I guess one has to put up with ads of some kind though. Traffic.com seems like the best free resource to me, though it's not an app.

i've been using waze for awhile - the best part, for me, is the tagging of hidden speed traps - i see the police coming up, and i can make the appropriate adjustment. obviously, sometimes it's "old information", but then you just delete it for those coming behind. i like the idea that my fellow wazers are a helpful community.

yes, as someone has mentioned, the map is sometimes inaccurate, but that's a work in-progress, as well. you can go to the map editor, and correct the one-way problems, and no turns allowed, etc.

my main goal was to find as real-time traffic information as possible, and i think waze is good for that. a lot of the other services (like the native google map) have a significant delay in traffic information, whereas, depending on how many other wazers are out there, the information is much more 'real-time'

Waze is awesome I used it this weekend to get around a 18mile stand still lol