What's new

Best top 5 cydia app & tweaks to install for 2011

Mickey330 said:
RemoveBackground works well on iOS5. Try that one (it's in the stock Cydia repos). You can also get an SBSettings toggle for it.

Marilyn

Hi marilyn,

Have you get same experience with removebackground? The removebackground cause respring If i use it from notification. (sbsetting notification on).

Thanks.

Sorry, but I can't be of any use, here. I don't have my SBSettings set up to be in the Notification Center. It's the regular box, separate from the Notification center.

And, it works great set up this way. Sorry couldn't give you more reassurance.

Marilyn

I too keep my SBSettings in a separate box. I found too many visual addons to NC made it laggy. The NC is pretty much a waste of time as far as I'm concerned; nothing I didn't have already with lock info etc. I got rid of zephyr as it wasn't that useful and was cutting off any Activator gestures using bottom of screen. I hate it when tweaks have their own activation method that isn't integrated with Activator.

My choice is:
Bitesms (best app ever)
Callbar (second best app ever)
IconBounce (funny hehehe)
Springtomize 2 (great and saves a lot ov tweaks)
Sbsettings of course is a must have
Cydelete (uninstalls apps from Cydia directly from the homescreen)
Anyattach (makes mail app as it should be from scratch)
Photoalbums +
killbackground
Weetrackdata (a notification center app that tracks our data)
Bigify (to play with icon size and orientation etc)
Shrink (to replace bigify to shrink icons)
Nonewsisgoodnews (To hide newsstand icon)
Infiniboard, etc and every tweak that makes us have 5x5 icons and enhanced folders etc

These are some of my favorites! :) 

 Sent from my White 32 Gb iPhone 4 using TapaTalk 

Last edited:
Deiota said:
My choice is:
Bitesms (best app ever)
Callbar (second best app ever)
IconBounce (funny hehehe)
Springtomize 2 (great and saves a lot ov tweaks)
Sbsettings of course is a must have
Cydelete (uninstalls apps from Cydia directly from the homescreen)
Anyattach (makes mail app as it should be from scratch)
Photoalbums +
killbackground
Weetrackdata (a notification center app that tracks our data)
Bigify (to play with icon size and orientation etc)
Shrink (to replace bigify to shrink icons)
Nogoodnonews (or something like that To hide newsstand icon)
Infiniboard, etc and every tweak that makes us have 5x5 icons and enhanced folders etc

These are some of my favorites! :) 

You do not need NoNewsIsGoodNews. Springtomize 2 has this feature in the "Icons"section.

It is not recommends to uninstall Cydia tweaks via CyDelete unless its actually a GUI application that doesn't require a resorting or a reboot.

Always best to uninstall tweaks from Cydia....not te SpringBoard. Though I'd let ya know. ;)

Thanks for tfe info about the uninstallation of Cydia applications.
I never thought about it like that!
About newsstand I discovered it later about springtomomized had that feature :) one of those tweaks we save to install if we have springtomized :) 

iCrank said:
you could also try infinidock. you set could set up to 10 icons on the dock

I have found that I can have more than 10.

It just allowed me to continue to put apps on the dock. I have 13 in the dock right at this moment.

I jailbroke my iPod Touch 32gb 4g yesterday and downloaded Graviboard, I can't get it to activate for some reason? Would appreciate any help!

person said:
I jailbroke my iPod Touch 32gb 4g yesterday and downloaded Graviboard, I can't get it to activate for some reason? Would appreciate any help!

You have to have Activator installed and assign an Activator action to activate it. I believe

At Home Screen> Shake Device is the best activator action.

Hi marilyn,

Have you get same experience with removebackground? The removebackground cause respring If i use it from notification. (sbsetting notification on).

Thanks.

You are correct, it does that if you use it from the notification menu. Do not pt it there. Just use it from the swipe menu from the home screen or double tap the clock to access it from the lock screen all via sbsettings

willing to share a little.
This 5 tweak that I use most often.

The first is the use sbsetting.
I wear both Unrestrictor 3g for skype.
I wear three springtomize2 for ios5
camerabuttons (i use volume buttons at take photo's/videos cause i love it for instagram)\
and last i make a gridlock for custom grid

uhm by the way this my first post in this forum. i came from indonesia. guidance please
best regard : ykvir