What's new

Best navigation app

djqwikcut

Reaction score
I've been trying a few nav apps ..... Bringgo, garmin, magellan and waze ... I paid for premium traffic services on them (except waze which is free). Does anyone have a favorite nav app and why ? I'm beginning to really like bringgo and garmin is good too. I do like the crowd sourced traffic on waze...

Would love to hear your thoughts

I like "Tom Tom US & Canada" best of all.
It's expensive but by far the best navigation
tool available. Updates with new features and
Maps regularly and voice instruction is understandable and easy to follow.
Google it and read reviews of others for
confidence. Drjoepa

Last edited:
I used igo,igo primo, but for my taste Navigon is much better. its faster, and it finds my location faster.

I used igo,igo primo, but for my taste Navigon is much better. its faster, and it finds my location faster.

I like "Tom Tom US & Canada" best of all.
It's expensive but by far the best navigation
tool available. Updates with new features and
Maps regularly and voice instruction is understandable and easy to follow.
Google it and read reviews of others for
confidence. Drjoepa

i had navigon but text was too small to read and i didn't like map display. I also tried tomtom but didn't like that as map had very little detail and traffic service in my area didn't seem as good as the ones I mentioned in OP.

I'm starting to really like bringgo but am waiting for a fix for google local search. same with magellan. great app but waiting for google local fix. the Garmin app is pretty good but sometimes the map is very cluttered.

Last edited:
Call me crazy, but I actually like the stock Apple maps app. It's worked at 100% accuracy for me. Even on the "Out in the sticks backroads" in Alabama. :)

Google maps and Waze are two really nice options as well.

I think that stock Apple maps app is ok.... Also there is no reason for wasting money... Google maps supports and navigation! This is my choice free of charge, and quality services...

I think that stock Apple maps app is ok.... Also there is no reason for wasting money... Google maps supports and navigation! This is my choice free of charge, and quality services...

google maps is ok but I'm just not sure how it handles traffic. not sure about bringgo either as it has traffic but support says it doesn't auto reroute which i find hard to believe

after testing bribggo and Garmin and the magellan app, on a small trip over the weekend, I think the Garmin app is the best in terms of how it gets you to your destination. the other 2 apps take you on crazy side roads

I've been trying a few nav apps ..... Bringgo, garmin, magellan and waze ... I paid for premium traffic services on them (except waze which is free). Does anyone have a favorite nav app and why ? I'm beginning to really like bringgo and garmin is good too. I do like the crowd sourced traffic on waze...

Would love to hear your thoughts

I use Scout. It's never let me down. Audio is a plus while driving.

I like standard Maps buts I'd you use it heavily it will consume data over time.

I used Navigon exclusively a few years ago but recently purchased Garmin North America and absolutely love it. It is extremely accurate and has never done me wrong; Navigon and Maps have brought me to the long location in the past.

With Garmin, you download the maps and install where as with Maps it uses the phones data plan. All other points about the Garmin are purely opinionated.

Call me crazy, but I actually like the stock Apple maps app. It's worked at 100% accuracy for me. Even on the "Out in the sticks backroads" in Alabama. :)

Google maps and Waze are two really nice options as well.

I primarily use Apples factory loaded maps for work ( I drive a tow truck), with Goggle Maps as back up. Sometimes Apples has a specific way it wants a street spelled, Google is a little more forgiving of human error and gets me the correct address. But the navigation on Google is annoying to me!

Those are the only two I use and I operate about 100k miles a year. Only a few minor problems out of either app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2