What's new

Beats Solo 3 and Radiation.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last year I bought my Beat Solo 3 headphones but not long after I saw articles online about the dangers of radiation.
These headphones are clamped to your head, they use Class 1 transmitters which are the strongest.
Consequently I'm afraid now of using them.

Any thoughts on this subject?

Last edited:
Bluetooth transmitters are far less powerful than the cellular radio in a phone but are usually in close proximity to your brain for much longer periods. There are, however, no objective studies that show a definite link between use of these devices and increased health risk. New iPhone Lacks Headphone Jack: Are Bluetooth Headphones Safe?

Bluetooth transmitters are far less powerful than the cellular radio in a phone but are usually in close proximity to your brain for much longer periods. There are, however, no objective studies that show a definite link between use of these devices and increased health risk. New iPhone Lacks Headphone Jack: Are Bluetooth Headphones Safe?
Thank you.
I read that report before, there is such a lot of conflicting views out there.
I think the bottom line is that they just don't know.

Last year I bought my Beat Solo 3 headphones but not long after I saw articles online about the dangers of radiation.
These headphones are clamped to your head, they use Class 1 transmitters which are the strongest.
Consequently I'm afraid now of using them.

Any thoughts on this subject?

Well, the little nubbins now growing from the sides of my head make the perfect resting spot for my Solo 3s [emoji15]