What's new

Battery

rfalcioni

Reaction score
Walk for 1 hr everyday. Using only the stop watch my 5s will use 30% of the battery

Next day same walk same stop watch app and I only use 90% of the battery

I have turned off wifi. GPS. Notification

Are lost what to do with the non consistent battery usage

Just buy a mophie battery pack, that will sort your problem out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just buy a mophie battery pack, that will sort your problem out Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately your suggestion doesn't get to the root of the OP problem. Getting a bigger battery pack just "band aids" the problem rather than fixing.

What could be happening is the OP has background app refresh enabled and the cellular tower in OP's town went down/failed. So now on walks, the phone has to reach out farther to transmit and receive data to the next closest cellular tower. The farther you are away from the cell tower, the more RF power the iPhone puts out to be able to reach that distant tower, which can put a high drain on the battery.

Have you noticed lower signal strength for cellular recently?

I would take the same walk, but put the phone in airplane mode, close all apps except for stopwatch. How much did the battery drain? Next day turn on cellular (voice/data) but leave wifi and BT off. How much did the battery drain?

A little detective work on your side will be needed to solve your problem.

Also thinking that if your phone has auto app update turned on, it just so happened to update your apps while on your walk, draining the daylights out of the battery due to excessive data transfer.

Good luck and keep up informed when you solve your battery drain issue. Thanks.