What's new

Battery running low

Demi2

Reaction score
Since updating to latest I O S 7, my 4s battery seems to run down more quickly, I am not doing anything different.

You're not alone ....
Mine is on 86% now, that's in 45 minutes
I've read Facebook, couple of emails and read 4 free online papers . Oh and updated 2 apps ..
My colleague ( with a 5s) reckons it's because I have too many pushes for too much stuff, but I never had it this bad ... It's gone to 85% typing this ...
If I travel by train to London , 40 mins, will facebook what's app etc, phone will be on 60%, 2 hours up there couple of calls web search etc
And coming back on the train, it's down to 20%
Did this last week, but if I kill all apps, turn off blue tooth and use my running app ( run meter) I can run a 2.15 half marathon and it eats only 30% .... And this prog is emailing me and posting to Facebook my location all the time

Something on these phones is eating power, what we need ( is it out there ? ) is an app that reports what app is eating what power
FYI now 84%

Thank you for replies, the battery has always given a couple of days between charges, that's facebook, emails etc, I will get used to it.

Close out resource demanding apps when not in use such as any Facebook apps or apps that you use extremely sparingly

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

Yes I agree with willerz, closing some heavy duty apps will definitely save you some battery life.
Or disabeling wifi etc. at moments when you don't need it... works for me anyway.

You're not alone .... Mine is on 86% now, that's in 45 minutes I've read Facebook, couple of emails and read 4 free online papers . Oh and updated 2 apps .. My colleague ( with a 5s) reckons it's because I have too many pushes for too much stuff, but I never had it this bad ... It's gone to 85% typing this ... If I travel by train to London , 40 mins, will facebook what's app etc, phone will be on 60%, 2 hours up there couple of calls web search etc And coming back on the train, it's down to 20% Did this last week, but if I kill all apps, turn off blue tooth and use my running app ( run meter) I can run a 2.15 half marathon and it eats only 30% .... And this prog is emailing me and posting to Facebook my location all the time Something on these phones is eating power, what we need ( is it out there ? ) is an app that reports what app is eating what power FYI now 84%
Updating apps always takes a bit of battery. You've listed several things you've been doing. I don't see your % to be that much off what it should be. Well, in comparison to my 5.