What's new

Battery replacement

mahall

Reaction score
Had my phone well over a year!! Can Apple replace the battery in my IPhone 4

Honestly I would head right over to ifixit.com, order an iPhone 4 battery, some screws(extra. Good to have), and whatever kind of screw driver you would need to take the bottom screws out.(I think its wise to order extra phillips screws with a $5 phillips screw driver + the screw driver you need to take the back panel off your phone)

Changing the iPhone 4 batter is like ridiculously easy. I highly suggest you do it yourself. But if you want, you can spend thrice the amount of money for Apple to do. iFit uses geniun OEM parts, and they have a great reputation. S-W Box website also has a great rep but is UK based, but can still ship to the US if thats where you live.

Apple will charge you about $90.00 for a replacement battery alone, plus whatver the labor costs........which i don't know, but its probably going to cost you around $150-$200 to get Apple to replace your battery.

With iFixit, the same exact battery costs $24.95+screw driver.

Pentalobe screw driver is $12.00 and phillips is $5.00.

You most likely will need to 5 tipped pentalobe screwdriver the.

It's a very simple and easy process. just watch a video, and try to wear latex gloves or something to keep oil from your skin off the connectors.

So you can do it yourself for about $45-$50

or you can pay Apple triple that, and send your phone away for a few days.

Nothing to the battery except one connector and one screw. Literally impossible to mess it up........I mean unless you break the connector pr something. Just be careful.lol

Just watch a video at http://www.ifixit.com/iPhone-Parts/iPhone-4-Replacement-Battery/IF182-000#.T8TJTLWwVFk

and you'll see just how easy it is.

Last edited: