What's new

Battery problems

galvenais_muris

Reaction score
Hi.
Today I tried replacing my iPhone body, and in the process i managed to bend the battery. After that I assembled my phone and when I turned it on it is stuck on boot screen. After a hour battery went flat, so and it won't chare. Can you give me some suggestions on what to do in this situation?

Hi.
Today I tried replacing my iPhone body, and in the process i managed to bend the battery. After that I assembled my phone and when I turned it on it is stuck on boot screen. After a hour battery went flat, so and it won't chare. Can you give me some suggestions on what to do in this situation?
You’ve probably damaged the battery and shouldn’t use the iPhone until it’s replaced. Using a damaged lithium battery can be very dangerous and could result in overheating sufficient to cause a fire.
Your best recourse is to replace the battery.

So I changed the battery, but my iPhone still isn't booting up. Also my computer don't recognise it. What kind of issue can it be?

So I changed the battery, but my iPhone still isn't booting up. Also my computer don't recognise it. What kind of issue can it be?
Do you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer? Have you tried different USB ports on your computer? Will it connect to iTunes on a different computer?

You could take it to an independent repair shop to see if they can run a diagnostic to try and find the problem. Normally I'd suggest a trip to an Apple Store Genius Bar but Apple will no longer service your iPhone because of the self-repair.

Yeah, take it to a repair shop. You obviously bent or damaged more than just the battery.