What's new

battery problem.

lazerbeam123

Reaction score
can anyone help,my iphone 4s 64gig no longer holds its charge, i've had it about 4 months and never had any battery problems in fact i've been very pleased with it,now as from tuesday this week its taken a real dive.it needs charging every 12 hours with normal use,its loosing 10 to 15% per hour.i've re booted it turned it off and on with no joy.is the battery duff?.thanks all.

lazerbeam123 said:
can anyone help,my iphone 4s 64gig no longer holds its charge, i've had it about 4 months and never had any battery problems in fact i've been very pleased with it,now as from tuesday this week its taken a real dive.it needs charging every 12 hours with normal use,its loosing 10 to 15% per hour.i've re booted it turned it off and on with no joy.is the battery duff?.thanks all.

I think you are expecting too much. Having to charge your iPhone every 12 hours on regular usage is quite magnificent. That's probably the best battery usage I have ever heard of.

You have to realize that smart phones need a lot of juice. They consume a lot of power no matter what. It's not like a standard cell phone. It has a bright display and UI that just needs the extra power to function properly.

If I were you......I would consider yourself "lucky" to have an iPhone 4S that gets 12 hours regular usage. I'm lucky to get over 8. And that is about average for Any smart phone with such capabilities. Most Android phones get about 6-8 hours usage. So your really not doing too bad.

Why was it so good before? Well, most of the time, iPhones have pretty good battery right out of the box, as you set your settings, and collect data, add email accounts, etc it starts to use the processes it is suppose to to function properly. This is perfectly normal. However, if this is unacceptable to you, then I suggest you stay away from any smart phone with such capabilities. otherwise, it seems to me that you have significantly good battery performance. This is how smart phones are, whether they are Android, WinPhone7, Or the iPhone.

I truly jealous. ;)

Hope this helps. ;)

Last edited:
I think you are expecting too much. Having to charge your iPhone every 12 hours on regular usage is quite magnificent. That's probably the best battery usage I have ever heard of.

You have to realize that smart phones need a lot of juice. They consume a lot of power no matter what. It's not like a standard cell phone. It has a bright display and UI that just needs the extra power to function properly.

If I were you......I would consider yourself "lucky" to have an iPhone 4S that gets 12 hours regular usage. I'm lucky to get over 8. And that is about average for Any smart phone with such capabilities. Most Android phones get about 6-8 hours usage. So your really not doing too bad.

Why was it so good before? Well, most of the time, iPhones have pretty good battery right out of the box, as you set your settings, and collect data, add email accounts, etc it starts to use the processes it is suppose to to function properly. This is perfectly normal. However, if this is unacceptable to you, then I suggest you stay away from any smart phone with such capabilities. otherwise, it seems to me that you have significantly good battery performance. This is how smart phones are, whether they are Android, WinPhone7, Or the iPhone.

I truly jealous. ;)

Hope this helps. ;)

He said he has to charge it every 12 hours he never said he was getting 12 hours of use.

Having to charge it every 12 hours is not right. I can get 2 days out of my battery with general use. I would take it back to your nearest Apple store and see what they say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

can anyone help,my iphone 4s 64gig no longer holds its charge,........

Have you noticed an increased data usage that you're not aware of? That can be a culprit. Have you closed out all your running apps? One more thing that people don't do, cut your phone off at night, getting the battery percentage, and see how it comes on the next morning. If there's a substnatial loss there, then the batt is prob not up to it!

nikstar said:
Having to charge it every 12 hours is not right. I can get 2 days out of my battery with general use. I would take it back to your nearest Apple store and see what they say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You and op are lucky. I wake up at a quarter to 6 every morning and by evening it will need to be chargers dropping to about 10% or so. The only reason it's not charging now is because I charged it early because I needed it juiced up. Coming from a droid this is normal for me :)

There are articles on the web explaining how to make the battery go longer. Things like turning off radios you aren't using - wifi, Bluetooth, network data. Make sure it automatically locks after a minute or two without use.

Like any other phone the signal you are getting effects battery life. If in 3G all day you use less battery. But if you are in bad area where you are bouncing in and out of signal it will be significantly harder on your battery. This weekend I was working in the Jacob Javitts Center in NYC. The signal in there stunk. My battery was fully charged before entering. And down to 20% in around 12 hours. And that was with it mostly in my pocket. No calls, just the occasional text. Here in PA if I did that I would not have used 10-20% all day.

hi,thanks all for your reply's,my problem is that things suddenly changed i went from what i know was very good battery life to very bad with no change in usage.last night at 7pm i switched the phone off took the sim out and left it for 10 minuets switched it back on rebooted it then gave it a full charge from a 5% level,(having put the sim back in) its now 22 hours later and its showing 75% wich is about where i started from,and i know thats very good.must have been som sort of blip...

lazerbeam123 said:
hi,thanks all for your reply's,my problem is that things suddenly changed i went from what i know was very good battery life to very bad with no change in usage.last night at 7pm i switched the phone off took the sim out and left it for 10 minuets switched it back on rebooted it then gave it a full charge from a 5% level,(having put the sim back in) its now 22 hours later and its showing 75% wich is about where i started from,and i know thats very good.must have been som sort of blip...

WOW. Good for you! Seriously.

You may have discovered an excellent battery booster. I am seriously jealous. I cannot even try this because I have a CDMA iPhone 4.lol. But I'm not kidding. You should share this with others. Seriously. That kind of battery life is so rare for an iPhone. It really is. Look it up. (not by what Apple says tho....they pretty much lie about everything).lol. That is no joke.lol.

Bebton123 said:
Ok , I am stupid.... How do you take the SIM out?

Lol. There is a slot in the right side of your phone. The only way to make that slot slide out is by sticking a pointed object (paper clip will do) into the tiny hole beside the sim slot.