What's new

Battery draining?

cvcook

Reaction score
My son and DIL bought new Iphone 5's about 3 weeks ago, and both need charged daily. they both had the 4 before this and didn't have this problem. is the new battery just not as good or is it something else?

New toy plus I am willing to bet they play a lot of games. The iPhone 4 was a single core CPU and single core GPU. The iPhone 5 is a dual core CPU and tri core GPU. That requires more power. Plus the added screen size doesn't help with battery life.

Ask them to quit playing games and watching videos for a day. Bet that improves the battery life greatly.

My son and DIL bought new Iphone 5's about 3 weeks ago, and both need charged daily. they both had the 4 before this and didn't have this problem. is the new battery just not as good or is it something else?

These batteries get better over time. I remember my iPhone 4S battery needed to be charged about twice per day when I first bought it, but it's lasting almost 30 hours on a single charge now.

These batteries get better over time. I remember my iPhone 4S battery needed to be charged about twice per day when I first bought it, but it's lasting almost 30 hours on a single charge now.

This is true give it time and update your apps and iOS then you will see change

Tapatalking up in ya