What's new

Battery drain since iOS 7

azonie

Reaction score
Anybody got suggestions on what might be causing battery drain. Any settings that can be changed to make battery last longer.

Used to have about 30% left at end if day. Since iOS 7 have to recharge by 3:00.

Turn off background app refresh and any location services you don't need.

Anybody got suggestions on what might be causing battery drain. Any settings that can be changed to make battery last longer.

Used to have about 30% left at end if day. Since iOS 7 have to recharge by 3:00.
Switch off Bluetooth and use it only when required, reduce brightness to optimum.

Perform a full restore on your computer that should fix your issue.

How do you go restore? And want to make sure I don't lose picture or apps on iPhone. How do you avoid this??

First sync the phone to iTunes and click "back up" this will back up the pics, contacts, etc. Then only after it's done backing up. Reset the phone back to factory settings. Then sync back to iTunes and "restore from backup" all your pics and contacts will still be there.

May I ask. What will that do to fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

It wipes the phone reinstalls a new copy of the iOS then restores your apps, music and data and any thing else that us backed up. In most cases fixes small issues like what you are having

Every since I turned on the Reduce Motion my battery life have been good.

You people do not mention (unless I missed) under what circumstances you see battery drain? For example, on my iPhone 5, IOS 7.0.2, and casual use, such as reading like 50 emails (I have 4 configured emails), wifi is on, AirDrop is on and used it to transfer 5 videos, 15 text message, 3 phone calls, surfed the web for about 5 minutes, used a couple of applications for 15 minutes and my battery after 20 hours is down by just 27 %. I think it will help to list what were you doing when you notice the battery drain so people can try to reproduce. Also when comparing, give a reference. What other device are you comparing to? It is also worth mentioning that I had no tweaks.

Last edited:
You people do not mention (unless I missed) under what circumstances you see battery drain? For example, on my iPhone 5, IOS 7.0.2, and casual use, such as reading like 50 emails (I have 4 configured emails), wifi is on, AirDrop is on and used it to transfer 5 videos, 15 text message, 3 phone calls, surfed the web for about 5 minutes, used a couple of applications for 15 minutes and my battery after 20 hours is down by just 27 %. I think it will help to list what were you doing when you notice the battery drain so people can try to reproduce. Also when comparing, give a reference. What other device are you comparing to? It is also worth mentioning that I had no tweaks.
I am also experiencing battery drain... Much faster than before
These are the first and last posts of the previous page. It is clear that they mean compared to their earlier battery longevity.

These are the first and last posts of the previous page. It is clear that they mean compared to their earlier battery longevity.
Yeah you are right. My apologies. I just wanted to know more so I can try to reproduce. I am just curious, as this problem comes up after every update.

If you restore to a backup that most likely will not fix the battery drain....well, because your putting all the same settings and data back on the phone. If you are restoring your device to fix a problem, then using the most recent backup usually defeats the purpose. Not always, but usually.