What's new

Battery dies fast after jailbreak 5.1.1

I wish I wouldn't have deleted the screenshot I took. I got 3 hours 45 minutes of usage and 4 hours standby and I was at 5% battery life the other day. Right now I'm at 93% after 40 mins usage. Although I did a restore and jail broke last night and it actually seems a little better. But I know my battery is done. One question though, would using my phone while it's on the charger possibly mess the battery up like it is? I usually will put it on the charger and continue to watch YouTube, Facebook etc.

Chris951 said:
I wish I wouldn't have deleted the screenshot I took. I got 3 hours 45 minutes of usage and 4 hours standby and I was at 5% battery life the other day. Right now I'm at 93% after 40 mins usage. Although I did a restore and jail broke last night and it actually seems a little better. But I know my battery is done. One question though, would using my phone while it's on the charger possibly mess the battery up like it is? I usually will put it on the charger and continue to watch YouTube, Facebook etc.

No..it wont mess up anything of your using the phone while it's charging.

If you are trying to do a full cycle charge it is best to not use the device at all, or as little as possible on the final charge. It messes up the calibration.

No..it wont mess up anything of your using the phone while it's charging.

If you are trying to do a full cycle charge it is best to not use the device at all, or as little as possible on the final charge. It messes up the calibration.

Oh ok. Yeah I know that. I've done the full cycle already and never touch it. Battery life actually seems a little better now that I jail broke it

I dont understand why jailbreaking to lastest version always causes battery drain issues. Thats why i always hesistate to upgrade.

Fiend said:
I dont understand why jailbreaking to lastest version always causes battery drain issues. Thats why i always hesistate to upgrade.

Yeah man...it doesn't. I don't understand why you think that?lol.

Well, the OP is having problems after upgrading to 5.1.1...

Anyone who experiences poor battery life after upgrading(and/or Jailbreaking) should do a full cycle charge before blaming the iOS or the jailbreak.

And if you restored from backup...that nice place to point the finger too.

The act of jailbreaking itself does not, has not and will not cause any performance issues. The only things that can affect performance are not jailbreaking correctly, installing tweaks/themes/apps or hardware problems.

Well personal experience here.. My battery was down to 4 hours usage before dying. I did a restore as new device and jailbroke. Then immediately did 2 battery cycles. Battery is better now. Even though I've done that before.. Kinda weird. It's still pretty bad but better than 3 hrs 45 mins usage lol

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

zig9449 said:
Anyone who experiences poor battery life after upgrading(and/or Jailbreaking) should do a full cycle charge before blaming the iOS or the jailbreak.

And if you restored from backup...that nice place to point the finger too.

Agreed. If you have issues you need to start fresh if you cannot resolve them by normal troubleshooting.

I've always been able to troubleshoot any issues.

This happened to me a few months ago when i let my iphone die for the first time and I did a network restore and then turned it off and put it in my freezer that seemed to work because my battery lasted two days but a couple of days ago I let it die again and now it's doing the something and I did everything before but that's not working this time any ideas!!! I DO NOT want to restore my whole iPhone cuz of the jailbroke but if it comes down to that I will :(