What's new

Battery dies fast after jailbreak 5.1.1

newstang

Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone else have this problem now?
After Absinth / Cydia jailbreak, the battery is completely dead by end of day.
This is strange because i dont know of any processes that are running.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Do a hard reboot by holding the home button and power button down at same time until you see the apple logo, then release them and see if that clears it up.

I can go 8hrs of usage and thats calling a few calls or so and browsing internet for 3-4 hrs and texting and playing games, now if i don't do much all day i can get 2-3 days lol remember is a phone first, texting product second, browsing product third.

If reboot did not help, then let the battery drain to around 5% and fully charge it and don't use it while its charging and let it stay about 1-2 hrs on charger after it says 100%, then do this all over again. This will recalibrate the battery and should clear it up if a reboot did not.

newstang said:
Hi all, does anyone else have this problem now?
After Absinth / Cydia jailbreak, the battery is completely dead by end of day.
This is strange because i dont know of any processes that are running.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

You should always do a full cycle charge after installing a new iOS.

My battery drained rapidly after updating to 5.1.1 until I did a full cycle charge.

Charge to 100%...unplug, use normally.

Let drain down to 15% or lower ( do not let drain so much it powers off, like 3%-1%. Do not plug in at all during the draining period).

After drained to a low percentage....charge back up to 100%. (it is important that you don't use your phone at all..or at least as little as possible during final charge. Let it sit on charge for a good 2 hours after its reached 100%).

Follow those instructions *exactly* and your battery should be back to normal.

While calibrating the battery is necessary, if you are jailbroken a little tweak called Remove Background is your friend! I map it to a long press of the home button and use it liberally. It kills any background apps that may be running and sucking up the battery charge.

zphone said:
While calibrating the battery is necessary, if you are jailbroken a little tweak called Remove Background is your friend! I map it to a long press of the home button and use it liberally. It kills any background apps that may be running and sucking up the battery charge.

MultiCleaner does wonders for managing apps.

It has Activator actions for "quit currently opened app", "quit all apps", "open last app".

That way I can assign whatever gesture I want to kill all apps at one time.

Can also drag apps up and out of the app switcher to quit them.

I love MultiCleaner.lol.

thanks guys, Ill try them all!. Hopefully im not sleeping when it goes down to almost dead :)
I had an app on my droid that showed what was using the most. is there anything like that for iphone?
thx

newstang said:
thanks guys, Ill try them all!. Hopefully im not sleeping when it goes down to almost dead :)
I had an app on my droid that showed what was using the most. is there anything like that for iphone?
thx

There is RAM management. And I think Impirium shows how much RAM each app is using. Not sure about that tho.

hate to ask, but what is a network reset?
thx

newstang said:
hate to ask, but what is a network reset?
thx

Settings> General> Reset> Here there are all reset options.

I get horrible battery life also. I've tried the hard reboot and full cycle charge blah blah. IMO I think it may be possible some people exaggerate a bit on how much they get out of their batteries. I always keep my brightness at mid or below mid level, turn off wifi when not using, and have all my settings to help with battery life and i still end up switching my Mophie Juice pack on towards the end of the day. If I didn't have the Mophie my phone would die everyday before I got home.

I get horrible battery life also. I've tried the hard reboot and full cycle charge blah blah. IMO I think it may be possible some people exaggerate a bit on how much they get out of their batteries. I always keep my brightness at mid or below mid level, turn off wifi when not using, and have all my settings to help with battery life and i still end up switching my Mophie Juice pack on towards the end of the day. If I didn't have the Mophie my phone would die everyday before I got home.

Wow i just was out from 9:30 am until 1:00pm only talk about 20min in that time and surfed about 1hr, Phone was at 100% in morning and was at 84% when i came home.

I have all unecessary stuff turned off = Location services, bluetooth and wifi unless i need to use them i don't turn them on. I have brightness around 80% always.

So yes if you don't use the phone for huge amounts of time i will last days or hrs and hrs.

Like i posted before i can go 8hrs or more on medium usage.