What's new

Baseband problem. Bad baseband, bad restore, rip phone

Kurogane

Reaction score
Hello there, im new here! I have to admit i registered cuz i need ur guys help.
Whats the situation. Yesterday i woke up took my 8gb 4S and decided to factory reset. It was successful and i got to the first setup screen. But i couldnt activate. It said that server is not available at the moment. I tried for few times, then i noticed that it was infinte searching for network and when i get the sim slot out it still was searching while usually it shouldve said no sim. Then i tried to activate the phone using Itunes which failed as well. Then i went up to DFU and restored iphone with 9.3.5 but it failed as well right at the end with -1 error. Now phone is ripped on the connect to itunes screen. Any way to solve this apart buying new board? i know its probably baseband chip fail, but considering 4s price right now, the repair will cost me the price of the new 4s.
So is there any thing i can do? like hactivate and use it as an ipod atleast xd?

You could very well have a hardware fault in your iPhone.
If you haven’t already done so, turn off or disable any security or anti-virus programs on your computer and try again. If that doesn’t work, and there’s an Apple store close enough, you may want to take it in for a free diagnostic at the Genius Bar. If the problem is hardware related, it will almost certainly cost more than the iPhone is worth to get it repaired.
There’s no way to bypass the activation problem and use it as an iPod.

I see, thanks for the reply. Apple site says that i cant get free support for this device -_-. I will go to any service centre tomorrow

I see, thanks for the reply. Apple site says that i cant get free support for this device -_-. I will go to any service centre tomorrow
The Genius Bar at an Apple store will look at your iPhone for free but any required service will cost you. Online service will cost, as the site said.