What's new

Backup problems

Perko1

Reaction score
I have an iphone 5s running 7.1.1 and over the last few week when ever i connect to itunes and sync it says backup can not be saved to this computer. I can still sync add photos and pics but says this iphone has never been backed up. I have tried everything i can think of besides a fresh restore on phone which i really dont want to do, have done a fresh restore on computer new install of itunes deleted everything related to apple and iphone on computer but still no luck. It used to work fine so any help or ideas would be really appreciated. I am running windows 8 on a dell laptop and jailbroken..

[emoji6]

The phone's name has to be correct. I noticed mine had reverted back to the default "iPhone". It should have been "Ledsteplin's iPhone 5". I don't know how long it had been changed. This is in Settings >General >About>Name. The name has to match what's in iTunes. So I've been told. May want to check that.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Name is still the same but il try changing it and see if that makes a difference...

[emoji6]

Name is still the same but il try changing it and see if that makes a difference...

[emoji6]
Not a good idea to post the same post in multiple locations. It will be seen as spam. Maybe the Mods can straighten your posts out and put it where it belongs.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Wasnt sure where to put it so placed it all locations i thort relevant...

[emoji6]

Wasnt sure where to put it so placed it all locations i thort relevant...

[emoji6]
I've deleted your other posts on the same topic. Besides fragmenting any resulting conversation, making it hard to follow, duplicate posting is against our rules.

Thanx i couldnt figure out how to delete them myself...

[emoji6]

Thanx i couldnt figure out how to delete them myself...

[emoji6]
There should be an edit button at the bottom of the post, just below the row of rating symbols, that lets you delete any post you made.

I'm trying to backup my 5S to my laptop using iTunes as I've always done. When I plug the iPhone into the laptop iTunes evidently doesn't recognize it because no indication of the iPhone appears anywhere on the screen. It used to show an icon of an iPhone or text that says 'John Doe's iphone'

I'd like to download and install IOS 10.3.1 but I've been cautioned not to do so until first backing up the iPhone to my computer. It's a long time since I've done a backup to my computer and I'm probably forgetting something. Can someone help me, please?

Make sure iTunes and your computer are up to date. Unplug every USB device, only leave the iPhone plugged in. If that doesn't help, switch the USB port on your computer, or use a different cable, if possible.

Well, once again your advice was spot-on, J.A. I retreated a bit and took another run at it.

As it happens, the first time I tried a different cable it made no difference. The second time, with yet another cable, it worked as it was supposed to.

Many thanks, J.A. You're a real asset.