What's new

Backup contacts to laptop

George Lewis

Reaction score
I would like to backup my contact info to my laptop. Yesterday, my friend's iPhone3 went south and he lost all contact info. I guess there is a way to save it. I have iTunes on my laptop. Thanks.

I am not too familiar with this forum and now see several previous answers to my question. I will read and try them. Sorry for any inconvenience.

The backup which iTunes stores for your iPhone every time you sync it includes your contacts. So, even if you get a replacement phone you should still be able to restore from your backup of the current device.

There are also several app store apps which will backup your contacts to various different locations. One free one I have used is "iDrive Contacts". You just install the app, create a free account, and it lets you backup to their servers. You can then install the app on another device, log in with the same details, and restore. Very useful for sharing contacts between multiple phones!

But, if you don't want that hassle, iTunes standard backup should be fine for your needs. Just make sure you sync once in a while to update your backup file!

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the answers. I saved my contacts, but don't know what "sync" is or does....??