What's new

Backing up Text Messages

RR_iPhoneNY

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry if this is a report question, but I have an iPhone 4 and would like to transfer my text messages to my PC in a readable format (with photos) like Word, PDF, or HTLM. Maybe even have the ability to transfer them back to my iPhone (or at least parts of them)

My PC that I had my iPhone 4 synced to with iTunes crashed. I have a new PC, but I am planning on getting the iPhone 7 so I thought I would just go with new PC and new iPhone combo. I do have a Laptop that I play around with that I can sync my iPhone 4 to with iTunes - if this needs to be done. In fact, I would rather do this to transfer the text messages. It runs with Vista.

If I do sync the iPhone 4 to iTunes on my Laptop, I want to make sure that the phone does not get wiped out and loose anything that is already on it.

Any ideas on how to store Text Messages? There is one App in the App Store but when I looked at a youtube video, they only went to Excel. I have Googled and and saw some possibilities, but I wanted to know if anyone has actually used any and can recommend one.

Thanks!
RR.