What's new

This is a messy one, people...disappearing texts, non-syncing phone no more ideas.

mistermacs

Reaction score
Hello everyone, yes I'm new here and yes I need help. I'm completely lost as to what to do. I've posted this in a few places and had no solutions. Here's hoping the iphone forums can help.

Here is my issue as plainly as I can tell it:

* Last year my iPhone 4 spontaneously deleted all text messages.

* It was on iOS 6.1.3 at the time (and still is)

* I had downloaded some app updates the day before. Potentially their iOS 7 compatibility mangled with my iPhone.

* I tried to sync my iPhone to iTunes at home and it wouldn't let me. From memory, it told me my iTunes was out of date. Which is weird, as I'd only synced (sunc?) a few nights previous.

* I then tried to restore to factory settings. It would start to do this and then fail.

So I gave up.

My issue is that I want to be able to recover and keep my old text messages and any old data from before. I have not been able to sync my iPhone to iTunes since, which is coming up to 3 months now.

In that time, I have amassed even more text messages and data on my iPhone that I don't want to lose.

So. What is the best solution for me? My problem is in 3 parts:

1. I want to keep all the data safe from pre Nov 2013 stored through iTunes on my Mac.
2. I want to keep all the data safe post Nov 2013 stored on my iPhone.
3. I want to somehow be able to sync my iPhone to iTunes again.

Any ideas at all? The best I can come up with is trying to back up my iPhone to a cloud service? Then trying to update iTunes (it refused to find the latest version last time I tried. It keeps telling me it is up to date even though I haven't updated since June 2013). Then syncing the iPhone to iTunes to get back all the old data.

Or is that backwards? Can I simply transfer and save all the data currently stored through iTunes on my mac somehow?

Basically it all boils down to this: please. help.

Cheers.