Status
Not open for further replies.
iPhone - 1st gen
iPhone 3G - 1st gen...... 2nd Gen
iPhone 3GS - 2nd gen...... 3rd Gen
iPhone 4 - 3rd gen...... 4th Gen
iPhone 4S - 4th gen...... 5th Gen
iPhone 5 - 5th gen...... 6th Gen
Skull.... must we go over this again?!? LOL!!!! Tim Cook and Phil Schiller both called the iPhone 5 the "Sixth Generation iPhone" during Apple's Media Event on September 12, 2012.

Last edited:
Skull, If you'll admit you're probably wrong about S for Siri, I'll admit I'm probably wrong about a 5S (I still don't think I am, but who wants an atmosphere on their first day?!) 😉

iPhone 5 and iOS 6 on the New iPad. I can't live without them! 😳

Skull.... must we go over this again?!? LOL!!!! Tim Cook and Phil Schiller both called the iPhone 5 the "Sixth Generation iPhone" during Apple's Media Event on September 12, 2012.

And yet the Apple SDK has it labeled as the 5th gen. I never take what a marketing campaign says as the truth. I only believe what the engineers and software SDK put out as the technical specs. Because at the end of the day, when the application you are running on the iPhone 5 queries what device it is running on it is going to respond with "5,x". That is a fact that can never be argued with. And it came directly from Apple no less.

Skull, If you'll admit you're probably wrong about S for Siri, I'll admit I'm probably wrong about a 5S (I still don't think I am, but who wants an atmosphere on their first day?!) 😉

iPhone 5 and iOS 6 on the New iPad. I can't live without them! 😳

I am not wrong. Backronyming is older than everyone on this site. And when the 5S comes out next year, marketing will think of something else to call that S. But the truth will still be that the S series phones are an upgrade to an existing framework and bring superior revision adjustments. And the engineers and software developers will still call it what it really is.

this thread is getting rather out of hand therefore i am closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.