What's new

Backed out of buying the iPhone 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly believe this. I think people who either can't get the iPhone 5 start negative threads so that they don't have to feel so bad that they didn't get the latest and the greatest. I don't personally care why the OP didn't want the iPhone and I think as the thread has gone along negativity has set in to make those who didn't get one feel better or to try to remove the joy and fun for those who did get one.

Well, people can say or think whatever they like. I have a great phone and I'm going to enjoy it despite negative comments.

Skull One said:
If Apple continues their current development cycle, the iPhone 5S will be available in Sept/Oct of 2013. The form factor will be the same with addtional tweaks on existing hardware and iOS.

+1.... and thank you Skull for teaching me, back when, about Apple's Development schedule on the iPhone. :)

If we believe the Mayan calendar no one will be getting a new iPhone in 2013. Lol. iOS 6 on the iPhone 4S is just perfect for me I just don't see the benefit of upgrading to the 5 right now. I Like the 4G LTE, couldn't care about the big screen. They fooled me on the processor from the 4 to the 4S I'm not falling for that again. I didn't see much difference in speed of the devices. Ive had 4G in androids before so i know its blazing fast but I'm happy with the speed of my 4S. I believe the biggest dealbreaker for me was they changed the dock connector, I have to many devices that use it.

Also maybe updating my 4s to iOS6 took some of the shine from the 5. After playing with the demo model I was left thinking this doesn't feel like a new iPhone just a slightly longer one.

Yes it's faster but not lots faster than my current iPhone. So for me I was left thinking do I need an extra row of iconsshowing on each home screen. I don't play games or watch a significant amount of video so the bigger screen was not needed and using it I found myself trying to stretch my thumb to the top of the screen which wasn't comfortable.

I honestly believe this. I think people who either can't get the iPhone 5 start negative threads so that they don't have to feel so bad that they didn't get the latest and the greatest. I don't personally care why the OP didn't want the iPhone and I think as the thread has gone along negativity has set in to make those who didn't get one feel better or to try to remove the joy and fun for those who did get one.

Well, people can say or think whatever they like. I have a great phone and I'm going to enjoy it despite negative comments.

I'm honestly glad your enjoying your new iPhone and not once have I said people shouldn't be buying it.

I had the iPhone in my hand ready to buy it. No buyers remorse or being locked into a long contract as I was going to purchase it outright. I'm being critical about the aesthetics of the phone and apples decision to use a coating on the antenna band which is prone to wear and tear. Under the hood the iPhone is impressive.

....and apples decision to use a coating on the antenna band which is prone to wear and tear.
My #1 reason for going w/ the White iPhone this go around. At first, my main reason was because I've only had black iPhones in the past. However, while waiting in line on release morning... I was reading reports from the earlier time zones already reporting issues w/ the black antenna band showing signs of usage out of the box. Completely sealed the deal for me in getting a White model.

ChiTownTx said:
Have no idea if this is relevant or not but Foxconn (place in china that makes all these) had a multiple thousand employee riot the other day. With all the complaints on build quality I wonder if this may have had something to do with it (disgruntled employees building them before launch).

Seems the ones in the stores might have been 'product tested' - i'd check for signs of hair, blood and sections of skin :0)

I played with one in the store today and really was impressed. I haven't owned a iPhone since the iPhone 4 so the improvements are very noticeable to me. I usually get the white version but the blk version just looked better to me this time. I will have the phone in a case from day one so I'm not as worried about the cosmetic issues, I hope it's not as bad as some people are saying though.

I have no idea if I should get iphone 5 after I heard you said.:confused:

In keeping with my tradition ... it's time to move from the i4 to the i5. Unfortunately my computer blew the hard drive on Thursday so the money had to go to replace that and my spider webbed i4 has to wait for a bit. Never gave a white one a thought but I may think about it now ... hmmmm.

In keeping with my tradition ... it's time to move from the i4 to the i5. Unfortunately my computer blew the hard drive on Thursday so the money had to go to replace that and my spider webbed i4 has to wait for a bit. Never gave a white one a thought but I may think about it now ... hmmmm.
you should,the white is just gorgeous and seems a popular choice this year.

Sorry for your woes. I ended up getting a white iPhone5 because it was the last 16g left .. but I really like it.

I backed out and just ended up buying the iphone 4 from amazing since they are a lot lower in price now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.